U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-19-2008, 12:45 PM

980 posts, read 2,464,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
whoever pay for that apt. back in Jan. 2008 has overpaid by 50-60%! lol.
Whatever you want to believe. Keep on renting. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 12:48 PM

7,905 posts, read 13,968,084 times
Hate to be anal, but any links showing real estate prices going down in NYC. This is news to me. As far as I know they have mostly stagnated. I'm not saying price declines might not happen or won't but as far as I know it hasn't yet. Plenty of stories about sales going down but I have yet to see any news on prices going down.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:54 PM

395 posts, read 56,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Hate to be anal, but any links showing real estate prices going down in NYC. This is news to me. I'm not saying it might not happen or it won't but as far as I know it hasn't yet. Plenty of stories about sales going down but I have yet to see any news on prices going down.
i have...i have been monitoring the same condo properties on craigslist for the pass several months. i saw a 2 br 1 bath condo in sunnyside which list their price $375k 2 weeks ago drop $10k last week. i saw a 2 br 2 bath condo in bensonhurst which was listed at $425k on oct. 07 drop down to $385k this week. u not seeing it cost u r not paying close attention enuff. watch it drops even more.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
i have...i have been monitoring the same condo properties on craigslist for the pass several months. i saw a 2 br 1 bath condo in sunnyside which list their price $375k 2 weeks ago drop $10k last week. i saw a 2 br 2 bath condo in bensonhurst which was listed at $425k on oct. 07 drop down to $385k this week. u not seeing it cost u r not paying close attention enuff. watch it drops even more.
That's cool. But I was looking for more along the lines of stats, not just the price fluctuations for a couple of places. That is actually pretty common for the price to fluctuate like that. When people sell, it usually recommended that they start a little high and work down.

Plus NYC has a complicated market, a couple of neighborhoods is not enough to summarize the whole market.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:05 PM

395 posts, read 56,890 times
Quote:
That's cool. But I was looking for more along the lines of stats, not just the price fluctuations for a couple of places. That is actually pretty common for the price to fluctuate like that. When people sell, it usually recommended that they start a little high and work down.

Plus NYC has a complicated market, a couple of neighborhoods is not enough to summarize the whole market.
look at the yahoo links i posted earlier...nyc real estate market drop -5.7% as of 2007. it will be even more this year.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:08 PM

6,704 posts, read 10,839,583 times
Quote:

I started a thread a few months back with a lot of info in it on the NYC housing market. If you search you should be able to find it. I think the title was "housing market" or something like that.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:25 PM

Here's that thread,

2008 NYC housing thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:32 PM

6,704 posts, read 10,839,583 times
There is another one to look for, but I don't remember the name of the thread. It was REAL good, this one guy found a collection of the housing situation in NYC back in the 90s, had articles from NYTs about how much home prices fell, interviews, etc. it was a excellent source for info. I wish I could remember what the name if it was though
Quote:
Here's that thread,

2008 NYC housing thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:49 PM

5,109 posts, read 11,966,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariap259 View Post
Oh, please, you give me a break. I've been there so it's not new to me.
The whole point is that I am not afraid. It can happen anywhere. You do live in New York, right? Besides, what's it to you anyway? You shouldn't bother yourself with the decision of others. It doesn't matter where you go - you can't hide.
No but I take offense to people like you hyping up an area that is dirty, slummy and downright dangerous. Tell me, do you take pleasure in lying to others? All this OMG THE BRONX IS GREAT..BUY BUY BUY makes me sick. Sure areas of the Bronx are good (only a few), but areas that you people recommend makes me question if you have ever been to the place. You can atleast post the cons of the neighborhood....but to anybody reading dont buy the hype. What happens is that if more financially set people move in, these people (who own property btw) benefit at your expense. Like Hustla before me, I would do everything in my power to prevent this brainwashing bull**** propaganda.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:54 PM

65 posts, read 133,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
No but I take offense to people like you hyping up an area that is dirty, slummy and downright dangerous. Tell me, do you take pleasure in lying to others? All this OMG THE BRONX IS GREAT..BUY BUY BUY makes me sick. Sure areas of the Bronx are good (only a few), but areas that you people recommend makes me question if you have ever been to the place. You can atleast post the cons of the neighborhood....but to anybody reading dont buy the hype. What happens is that if more financially set people move in, these people (who own property btw) benefit at your expense. Like Hustla before me, I would do everything in my power to prevent this brainwashing bull**** propaganda.
No one is hyping up anything. Who the hell is lying? If you are taking it seriously, then that's on you. Negative behavior like this is what makes us take many steps backwards. No one is recommending anything. So, stop blowing things out of proportion and take a breather. It's not that serious and if I have offended you, then too bad. And by the way, you don't have power, so stop with the dreaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City