Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2017, 03:41 PM

132 posts, read 121,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZina View Post
Me too . I wish you the best hopefully we can be neighbors lol
Thank you so much, I wish you the same. lets be positive.. Im going to keep you updated if they ever contact me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 10:41 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZina View Post
Does anyone know if the Brook Ave apartments are finished or close ?
I went past them the other day. They're completed. The apts look spacious. Waiting for occupancy permits

Old 02-13-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBabies View Post
I just looked at the pics I took. It's like a U shape lol.. I'm guessing that you're assuming that the middle part is a building.
no. 3 separate buildings. 1st building on union ave is completed and people have moved in. second which it's exterior is almost complete. 3rd is not close to constructed yet

Old 02-13-2017, 12:24 PM

111 posts, read 227,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
no. 3 separate buildings. 1st building on union ave is completed and people have moved in. second which it's exterior is almost complete. 3rd is not close to constructed yet
Ah ok. Thanks. It all makes sense now.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBabies View Post
Ah ok. Thanks. It all makes sense now.
Nice new family dollar down the block too

Old 02-13-2017, 01:45 PM

274 posts, read 485,206 times
Quote:
Nice new family dollar down the block too
The Family Dollar is as convenient as it gets.

I believe the closest supermarket is C-Town. Never shopped at one before so I may end up shopping at Fine Fare on 149th where I usually do my grocery shopping.

I look forward to seeing who will occupy the 1st floor commercial space. I currently have montefiore and a small pharmacy downstairs from me that I don't go to so I've been unenthusiastic about it from day 1.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
The Family Dollar is as convenient as it gets.

I believe the closest supermarket is C-Town. Never shopped at one before so I may end up shopping at Fine Fare on 149th where I usually do my grocery shopping.

I look forward to seeing who will occupy the 1st floor commercial space. I currently have montefiore and a small pharmacy downstairs from me that I don't go to so I've been unenthusiastic about it from day 1.
I've shopped at that C Town before. Gotta watch their produce, but otherwise that it's ok. I have shopped at the fine fare on 149th and it's got potential. Not bad tho

Old 02-14-2017, 11:08 AM

965 posts, read 1,113,849 times
Quote:
I've shopped at that C Town before. Gotta watch their produce, but otherwise that it's ok. I have shopped at the fine fare on 149th and it's got potential. Not bad tho
That C-Town is the devil. They consistently have Haagen Dazs ice cream at 2 for $6 (which is essentially buy one get one free). If you're trying to lose weight, avoid it like that plague!

Western Beef is an additional 5 minutes away on foot from C-Town. Much larger selection and also have sales quite often.

The Hub location is just so convenient. Literally everything you could possibly need or want is minutes away. The only thing that's missing is a decent bar in the central area. I'm aware of Mott Haven Bar and Grill, but I'm thinking there should be something along the strip of 149th between Courtland and Brook.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:22 AM

274 posts, read 485,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
That C-Town is the devil. They consistently have Haagen Dazs ice cream at 2 for $6 (which is essentially buy one get one free). If you're trying to lose weight, avoid it like that plague!

Western Beef is an additional 5 minutes away on foot from C-Town. Much larger selection and also have sales quite often.

The Hub location is just so convenient. Literally everything you could possibly need or want is minutes away. The only thing that's missing is a decent bar in the central area. I'm aware of Mott Haven Bar and Grill, but I'm thinking there should be something along the strip of 149th between Courtland and Brook.
Hahaha

Didn't realize Western Beef was that close. Are you talking about the one near Lincoln Hospital? Or by Prospect Ave?

I sometimes shop at Food Bazaar (which I love) because my closest supermarket, Foodtown, is super expensive unless there's a sale.

I'm truly looking forward to when they'll open more bars in our area. I've been to Ceetay and Charlie's Bar but hope for something a tad closer. I heard there's a pool hall or bar of some sort across the street from Crossroads but I have no clue about the vibe.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
Hahaha

Didn't realize Western Beef was that close. Are you talking about the one near Lincoln Hospital? Or by Prospect Ave?

I sometimes shop at Food Bazaar (which I love) because my closest supermarket, Foodtown, is super expensive unless there's a sale.

I'm truly looking forward to when they'll open more bars in our area. I've been to Ceetay and Charlie's Bar but hope for something a tad closer. I heard there's a pool hall or bar of some sort across the street from Crossroads but I have no clue about the vibe.
the western beef on willis, is not bad. they renovated it for the better a few years ago. night and day. the only thing i don't like, its dead smack in the middle of ratchetville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery