Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2017, 10:05 AM

351 posts, read 502,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyky19 View Post
the same happens to me. Brook Avenue Apartments deny me because debt to income ration over 25% percent, and Crossroads deny me for income over the limits, I appeal and my application was sent to HDC for final approval. so is depend on the management office.
I don't think though with that I go over the limit from the calculations I made. I don't think so because he said my file is complete yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 10:06 AM

274 posts, read 485,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylouheras2 View Post
That is the thing I qualify with or without it that I don't understand.... I get what you are saying anyone can adjust it but that is definitely not my case I could've simply not put that since is not court ordered and I wanted to be honest. I could've just left it out but I didn't. From now on I am definitely going to receive it direct deposit but damn this world is so messed up. Like I don't want to put my kids through the hell of court and crap is like they be better off like that. Well I found that weird but he told me that HDC is the one who asks for that but that there was a mix up he thought the person who looked over my Crossroad file said I needed a letter of support not child support then he cursed silently and then asked if I had prove and then you know the rest... Hopefully they do over look that.
Since you qualify with or without it, I don't see it being a problem. Never know with the city though so be on the lookout and of course appeal if they try to deny you.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:13 AM

I thought I said everything we spoke about but when he told me my file was complete I asked what next he said well first I have to finish with community board preference, disability preference, municipal employee preference and then he will send my file. So I said OMG would I even have a chance cause mind you I have a log # 15** and he was like there is a probability and come to find out I'm actually none of the above which I thought I was but anyways I said to him okay so no time soon and my hopes went out the window he said don't worry you'll be surprise on how many people are lazy and don't respond to emails or 5 day notice so not to lose hope or have bad credit. I'm just like ok Thank you for your help... Let's see what happens!! Fingers crossed!

Old 04-04-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
Since you qualify with or without it, I don't see it being a problem. Never know with the city though so be on the lookout and of course appeal if they try to deny you.
No yes definitely but I don't know do they(HDC) get in contact with you or management?

Old 04-04-2017, 10:18 AM

274 posts, read 485,344 times
Quote:
No yes definitely but I don't know do they(HDC) get in contact with you or management?
Everything is through management. If they have any questions, they'll ask management to ask you.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
Everything is through management. If they have any questions, they'll ask management to ask you.
Okay thanks

Old 04-04-2017, 04:18 PM

111 posts, read 227,298 times
Quote:
.. Hopefully they do over look that.

I hope it doesn't jeopardize your chances. If you are receiving cash through a verbal agreement between you and your ex, then you should put it as a gift in your future applications like jimmy mentioned.
For now explain the situation to them, and they might just ask you to sign an affidavit or to give them a notorized letter. I'm sure they've come across similar cases before. No need to deny you for that.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:07 AM

7 posts, read 6,291 times
Hello guys!! I've been following this thread since it opened, I'm waiting to be contacted for Crossroads II, was told we have no case manager or anything and we're always just "in process" I have no idea what that means and it drives me bananas. Currently looking for assuring words as my husband and I have 3 kids and we're currently renting one small bedroom. We have no preference that I'm aware of but our log number was <170. So low! Our interview was Jan 6, sent in all final documents by Jan 19, they ran our credit Jan 24th. So I really don't understand whats taking so long. But the kids are getting bigger and we're running out of space for everything I don't know who else to call!

Old 04-05-2017, 09:07 AM

132 posts, read 121,645 times
Good Morning everyone,

Any updates??

Old 04-05-2017, 09:30 AM

24 posts, read 25,571 times
Brook Ave emailed me finally. They said my application is still processing...Ugggg My interview was in Jan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery