Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 05:48 AM

7 posts, read 6,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
I feel bad for you. You seem to be trying your best and your ex sounds horrible.

I am not a lawyer so I would have no idea how to handle what the judge said about you. You should let it run its course though. If you leave town to avoid some sort of legal action you will only be sinking deeper into the hole.

What keeps you in New York? Almost anywhere else will be cheaper to live with less hassle. It sounds like you maybe wanted to be close to your ex because you hoped he would become more involved, but after the missed birthday you may be giving up on that. I would only stay if you have family in the area.

Otherwise, move out and turn the page.
When my mom kicked me out at 18 I didnt move to new york to be closer to him I moved there for shelter and i STAYED so my kids can have their dad closer. Unfortunately it's a dead end. The two years we lived in the shelter he did not visit not one time. We were literally on our own in nyc. His family is also non existent. Throughout the years he will show his face once every two years like clock work before fleeing again. Now that my kids are alot older it really bothers them and we recently ran into his mother last month my kids did not even recognize her .

This birthday was the last straw for me . My son is 9 ..he never had his birthday acknowledged by his dad..not a card...a facebook blurb... a mailed gift nothing... Christmas is the same... nothing at all...same for our 11 year old daughter. They are simply not acknowledged.

I had to block him on facebook because seeing his social media was too painful. Seeing my kids ignored, never posted anywhere etc. It made my depression worse.

The only reason i stay in nyc is because of the school system. My kids have autism. It is genetic in his father's family. I did not know this prior to having kids with him.

He has two more kids with two different women (mine are his first) each of those kids also has autism, his sister's kids have autism, his older brother has aspergers, his brother's child is severely autistic.

Do you think they offer me ANY help or comfort? NOPE.

Nothing...nada...

I told my 11year old last night that were moving. Im looking into moving to Pennsylvania . I want to research the schools and areas first but i've made up my mind that were packing up and leaving. It's too painful staying here. It's just way too painful for me and my kids.

We will get the last laugh in the end. I have no doubt that my kids are going to be sucessful adults. My daughter is mainstreamed in regular classes. She has a passion for the arts and she IS going away to college . Im paying for tutoring , sat prep the whole nine yards . She is only 11 and she already knows what she wants to do in life...now watch his other kids turn out to be **** like him.

He hasnt seen them in so long he doesnt even know how brilliant and mature she is. She's going to have a great future. My next step is to move my kids out of here so they can really flourish and not have to see im or his family's fake ugly faces again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 10:49 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
Have you tried NOW (the National Organization for Women)? I know someone who was a member and got free legal advice from them some time ago. You might have to be a member, but they will certainly not tell you they don't handle child support. And this is not about child support, really. You could also try talking to a social worker at one of the public hospitals who could at least steer you toward some stuff the rest of us may not know about.

Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: