Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 07:14 PM

1,486 posts, read 987,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Still wished some of those offices were a little bit taller. I want to see some offices!

They all have a height limit due to it is a flight path for planes to/from LGA, I still surprised the Concourse Village buildings are that high as I ant imagine living on the top floor of that building hearing the jet engines roaring. The are currently building 3 new buildings on Concourse Village West where the 3 parking lots used to be so those may be a mixture of office buildings and affordable housing.

In order to give that area a more downtown look I think they should build over the Metro North train tracks similar to how they build the Morrisania Air Rights buildings. A few 10 story buildings over the tracks can will muffle the horn blasts and bring in business due to they can build from 156th street on Morris all the way down to 149th and Park Ave.

There are already plans to build next to the tracks but it should extend over it and muffle the train in the process
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/about/...signation.page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 09:56 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT93 View Post
Bronx needs a downtown more than ever. Time to catch up with the rest of the boros.
I agree

downtown should be from 138th to 149th hell extend it to 163rd

They should redesignate the hub as a business district instead of first class hood shopping

Build tall commercial office towers high af

bring in points of draw that weren’t in the Bronx before

Create incentives for small and big businesses to come

Have the MTA build another garage directly in the South Bronx so they can put more buses on the streets

The BX is SO FAR BEHIND the other boroughs and I don’t believe people fully fathom it

Old 12-12-2021, 04:48 AM

181 posts, read 190,626 times
https://thumbs.cityrealty.com/assets...118f0982f6b0cf

The Arches Apartments in South Bronx. The best looking new apartments in The Bronx right now. I can't wait to see more luxury apartments and condo's like these go up in the future. Of course with ground floor retail.

A few tall office buildings can going up (maybe along E 138nd st and Park Ave, Canal st/pl, Rider Ave, and 3rd) to give Bronx a downtown feel to it would be great. Developing that small section right next to 138st-Grand Concourse subway station would be a game changer.

New hotels, 25-40 story luxury residental buildings, and office buildings. Maybe even a new library, recreational center, and school as well. Something to give people a reason to move to The Bronx.

Old 12-12-2021, 09:52 AM

9,110 posts, read 6,155,520 times
The racial and ethnic makeup of the Bronx residents have been changing.

In 2020 (2019 number in parentheses), 2.9% (3.7%) of the population identified as Asian, 30.9% (29.0%) identified as Black, 48.7% (56.4%) identified as Hispanic, and 14.5% (8.8%) identified as white. The largest shift was a decline in the Hispanic population which was replaced by a growing White presence.

https://furmancenter.org/neighborhoods/view/the-bronx

Old 12-12-2021, 03:32 PM

2,314 posts, read 1,148,785 times
https://newyorkyimby.com/?s=bronx&or...ate&order=desc

A lot of new apartment construction in the Bronx but most of it appears to be low-end housing lottery and 'affordable' kinds of places. There are fewer places left in NYC zoned to build apartment buildings. So previously undesirable locations like the south Bronx are now desirable. Even the north shore of Staten Island is starting to be tainted by these kinds of projects. They call a lot of these developments 'mixed-income'. That may be the case for the first few years but after a few years the market rate tenants will be gone and a lot of these places will be sort of a 'NYCHA Lite'. The builder makes money no matter what though. Middle-Class renters in NYC should steer clear of anything that's being marketed as 'mixed-income'.

Last edited by dfc99; 12-12-2021 at 03:41 PM..

Old 12-13-2021, 09:57 AM

59 posts, read 34,699 times
I was born and raised in The Bronx the 6 train, then moved to the 4 train where I also used the B and The D train. Moved to Riverdale where you can take the 1 then the 2 or 3 or take the A.
like the saying goes "fixed it for you".Never ever heard a native NYC person mention lines by color. Letters or Numbers or you will get laughed at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City