Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 05:16 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,700,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
How does the media make money? The media gives their audience whatever they want.
The media gives their audience sensationalism because that is what attracts them to read/listen to the article. They make it entertaining. Most people are really not interested or have the background to wade through lots of figures, read all the dry litigation and bills, etc. This is what Hearst did. He sensationalized everything in his papers and since he owned a great deal of "media," this is what the public was exposed to. Result: the unnecessary Spanish American War.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 02:11 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
The price is too high at free. I wouldn't see a film from that stooge if you paid me (and I am somewhat left leaning).
How do you come to a view of the mans movies when you've never seen one ..

Old 10-20-2016, 10:58 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
I'm sure his documentary is pretty good, but I'm totally over all conservatives and liberals. They can all go jump off a cliff, if ya ask me. None of them are any benefit to me or my people. They're only a benefit to themselves and are one side of the same coin. They're useless. All they do is either tax you or nickel and dime you to death, while they stay on top the whole time.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:57 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I'm sure his documentary is pretty good, but I'm totally over all conservatives and liberals. They can all go jump off a cliff, if ya ask me. None of them are any benefit to me or my people. They're only a benefit to themselves and are one side of the same coin. They're useless. All they do is either tax you or nickel and dime you to death, while they stay on top the whole time.
Got to make them compete for that vote. Its been much too easy for them in NYC.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:45 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
why is it that the media had all this negative stuff about Trump but waited until the end to disclose it?? It's like they wanted Trump to win the nomination so Hillary could have a chance at winning.

In many cases the media didn't already have the information. It takes work to dig up information, and the best news sources for big-time investigations, like the New York Times, are having to make cuts because of drops in income with people not reading/buying newspapers as they used to. Do you subscribe to the NYT to help ensure that they'll have money for staffing? It was a huge multi-pronged push for the Washington Post to get out their wide-ranging book.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:34 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Funny how the news orgs dig up all these sexual harassment complaints this late in the race. Or maybe all of this is just made up by a smear campaign.

Trump's TV show the Apprentice was gaining top viewership years ago, it would make sense for someone who wants to sue him for money to step up and get money from him and the studios.

Now it just doesn't seem like they are legit or want, money, nor justice. They are simply paid and trained to perform a gig.

I could believe someone if they sued back then, but waited 10 years to come forward? And the allegations are just stupid phony script writing. Like Trump touched her on the back or shoulder than made up touching her breasts and etc. Why didn't she sue back then when he was the star of the show?

And almost all women trust each other including liars when they accuse men of harassment. It seems only men are the most fair because I could never stick up for a real rapist or fondler.

Unbelieveable.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:56 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Somehow I think it will pale in comparison to the real thing.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:32 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
True dat! All politicians regardless of political stripe are beholden to the 0.1%. They distract us by pitting ourselves against each other with side issues and steal our money.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:49 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Funny how the news orgs dig up all these sexual harassment complaints this late in the race. Or maybe all of this is just made up by a smear campaign.

Trump's TV show the Apprentice was gaining top viewership years ago, it would make sense for someone who wants to sue him for money to step up and get money from him and the studios.

Now it just doesn't seem like they are legit or want, money, nor justice. They are simply paid and trained to perform a gig.

I could believe someone if they sued back then, but waited 10 years to come forward? And the allegations are just stupid phony script writing. Like Trump touched her on the back or shoulder than made up touching her breasts and etc. Why didn't she sue back then when he was the star of the show?

And almost all women trust each other including liars when they accuse men of harassment. It seems only men are the most fair because I could never stick up for a real rapist or fondler.

Unbelieveable.
Surprise. The media digs up dirt during presidential elections.

Don't discount the fact of intimidation when it comes to people in powerful positions. You might use for sexual harassment and then get blacklisted for jobs.

You really don't believe that Trump acta like a scumbag?

Hes going to get blown out in the general election anyway. Hopefully the women will get compensated by this scumbag.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:20 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
why is it that the media had all this negative stuff about Trump but waited until the end to disclose it?? It's like they wanted Trump to win the nomination so Hillary could have a chance at winning.

Define "the end."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City