Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you actually like living in NYC?
Yes, I absolutely love it here, I would set up roots here 47 45.19%
Its alright, not that bad im content for now,or dont plan on leaving due to personal reasons 24 23.08%
No, i absolutely hate it, Im leaving as soon as possible 33 31.73%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 09:29 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,710,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
You didn't go very far. A lot of the "problems" NYC has can be associated with the Northeast in general. Usually people would leave the region altogether. I'm actually not too big a fan of the Northeast...so it was NYC or bust for me. Glad to be here.
I am in the same boat. I don't really like the Northeast as a region, I am a NorCal/Pacific Northwest kinda guy, but I love NYC. Can't see myself leaving anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 06:38 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I absolutely love it. Most of the things you listed are definitely positives for me.
Could not agree more

Old 10-27-2016, 12:46 PM

6 posts, read 4,340 times
Love it, but now with hotels turning into shelters I'm rethinking this. My friends in the subs are paying equal and have more sq. I have a hotel that rents to homeless people who do drugs in public, drink, follow me (others) into our buildings, abuse woman in the rooms, children pleading to stop the abuse etc. So love is turning into hate and I'm about to sell and go to NJ. Sucks, but what can you do? We pay all these taxes for people who get released from prison to live on the same street as someone who is busting their a$$'s to make it...

Thanks NYC! You the greatest city in America for homeless people.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:26 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
I am in the same boat. I don't really like the Northeast as a region, I am a NorCal/Pacific Northwest kinda guy, but I love NYC. Can't see myself leaving anytime soon.
Yeah it's kind of weird, isn't it? I'd be perfectly happy living in the Midwest, but the Northeast as a whole I do not like. Hence why we're in NYC and not CT or MA or somewhere else!

Old 10-27-2016, 02:27 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
I live on Staten Island, and I love it. It is suburban in most of the borough, lots of parks, the ocean, lakes, deers, eagles, lots of green zones that cannot be built on. Good neighbors, lots of nice ethnic stores, houses of worship........there is nothing that I cannot say against it. Yes, maybe a little more crowded in some areas than others. I love my house, I love my community, I love my neighbors, I love the food with all the wonderful restaurants that we have. Manhattan is not so far away.........I just went to see Jersey Boys, and had a lovely time..........
Thank you! I'll have to hang out there a little bit more to get a feel for the place.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:02 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCReport View Post
Love it, but now with hotels turning into shelters I'm rethinking this. My friends in the subs are paying equal and have more sq. I have a hotel that rents to homeless people who do drugs in public, drink, follow me (others) into our buildings, abuse woman in the rooms, children pleading to stop the abuse etc. So love is turning into hate and I'm about to sell and go to NJ. Sucks, but what can you do? We pay all these taxes for people who get released from prison to live on the same street as someone who is busting their a$$'s to make it...

WAIT, DON'T LEAVE YET!!!!!!

Come to Staten Island, we take good care of you, and your little ones, because it is mostly a family-oriented borough. We have everything the other four boroughs have, and more.....we have a lot of very congenial people, who love other friendly people.

Don't go to New Jersey! Are you aware that NJ has the highest property taxes, and automobile insurance in the USA? For example: My house: I saw the plans in NJ, and when they told me the property taxes I would be paying, I almost die. I had the house built on Staten Island, for half the property taxes..........and I LOVE IT.........If you choose the Southern- Eastern part of the Island, it is as close to heaven, as anyone can get.......that is below Richmond Avenue, which encompasses: South-East Annadale, zip 10312, Huguenot, same zip, Princess Bay, 10309, Pleasant Plains, Tottenville, and many other fine areas. The 10312 zip code has many, many other areas like Eltingville, which are great. Lighthouse Hill, Richmond Town, Oakwood, Todt Hill, and many other fine areas that are above Richmond Avenue, with several other zip codes

There is no need to go to New Jersey......

Old 10-27-2016, 10:07 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCReport View Post

The finest city in America is San Diego, and guess what.......!!!!!! It is loaded with homeless people. They do not know what to do with them..........

Old 10-27-2016, 10:09 PM

258 posts, read 195,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLoFan View Post
And its very transitional, ppl come and go too often, no sense of community.
You just figured that out? Urban places or cities like nyc are always like that....

Old 10-27-2016, 11:45 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
I love my job and what I do. But do not particularly care for living in any of the boroughs at this point. I will definitely make the move upstate at some point soon enough when the time is right.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:59 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Wish I can leave immediately. Family and friends are the only reason why I'm still here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City