Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 10:49 AM

19,026 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
There will be civil unrest frequently over the next 4 years. I'm talking mass protests, sit-ins, strikes, uprisings. Starting with disrupting the inauguration. Tens of thousands of people firmly opposed to having a klanmember as president are planning on descending on the inauguration. Millions of people are getting ready to fight Trump tooth and nail over everything he tries to do.
I have to admit that I hope they do this. The ***** brigade will be less than a speedbump, and we could finally rid ourselves of them once and for all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 04:08 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,355,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
Sadly the most critical issue with the environment was not place on the forefront. It is difficult not to feel a sense of lost with humanity and it selfishness in continuing to destroy the ecosystem and drive us closer to extinction for the sake of producing more GDP and jobs for the uneducated masses.
Honestly, **** the environment. We have to live in the now. Not 500 years in the future.
Humans put much more weight on the short term anyway. "The environment is going to be "great" in 500 years but I'll live in poverty today". Do you really expect people to make that trade? Are you willing to force that on anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Has anyone visited and check mott haven, Astoria, lic, Harlem Chelsea, Williamsburg, Greenpoint, east village, West village, Greenwich Village, parts of Bushwick and Bedstuy and ask white Transplant population, what state do you originate from? Most of these out for town whites come from the Midwest or some rust belt state. These states have no economic means of production. Those who are educated get a chance to move to nyc, dc Boston sf, Chicago and LA for professional jobs. Upstate NY, rust belt and the Midwest needs to be economically fixed.
The only way manufacturing jobs are coming back to the US en masse is if they're automated.
I think this will become readily apparent to the Trump admin in short order and they'll look for other solutions. There are a few other solutions such as raising the minimum wage, giving money to states to create do nothing jobs, shrinking government spending and lowering tax rates, creating more federal do nothing jobs, etc.

I think raising the min wage will be the easiest. I ****ing hate Walmart when they're paying me $9/hr but I'll be singing their praises if they're paying me $15+/hr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
No one said it was about social issues, but the fact that the liberal media largely influenced that area moved on to pushing HC.
The media can only influence social issues. That's why they push the culture wars. From both sides.
Can Rush Limbaugh or the NYT editorial page create jobs or boost wages? They stick to whatever makes them powerful. Which is fighting the culture wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
There will be civil unrest frequently over the next 4 years. I'm talking mass protests, sit-ins, strikes, uprisings. Starting with disrupting the inauguration. Tens of thousands of people firmly opposed to having a klanmember as president are planning on descending on the inauguration. Millions of people are getting ready to fight Trump tooth and nail over everything he tries to do.
Just like all the militias were supposed to fight after Obama got elected and then re-elected?
Nothing will happen. People believe that the system still works. Even all of those losing their **** over Trump's elections. They'll wait another 4 years.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:10 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Honestly, **** the environment. We have to live in the now. Not 500 years in the future.
Humans put much more weight on the short term anyway. "The environment is going to be "great" in 500 years but I'll live in poverty today". Do you really expect people to make that trade? Are you willing to force that on anyone?

The only way manufacturing jobs are coming back to the US en masse is if they're automated.
I think this will become readily apparent to the Trump admin in short order and they'll look for other solutions. There are a few other solutions such as raising the minimum wage, giving money to states to create do nothing jobs, shrinking government spending and lowering tax rates, creating more federal do nothing jobs, etc.

I think raising the min wage will be the easiest. I ****ing hate Walmart when they're paying me $9/hr but I'll be singing their praises if they're paying me $15+/hr.

The media can only influence social issues. That's why they push the culture wars. From both sides.
Can Rush Limbaugh or the NYT editorial page create jobs or boost wages? They stick to whatever makes them powerful. Which is fighting the culture wars.

Just like all the militias were supposed to fight after Obama got elected and then re-elected?
Nothing will happen. People believe that the system still works. Even all of those losing their **** over Trump's elections. They'll wait another 4 years.

Manufacturing never completely left the US. Certain companies like Intel do not trust contractors in Asia not to steal their IP. So Intel and a number of other companies make their microprocessors here in the US (though they certainly have competitors in China, Korea, and Taiwan). Boeing makes airplanes here, and ships are made here as well. As for the MTA suppliers, though Kawasaki makes its trains in Japan and Alstorn makes it's trains in Brazil, Bombadier makes its trains in upstate NY and PA. Bombadier is building the r179 order of subway cars that is being delivered now, and Cuomo had the MTA buy from them partially because of the made in the US deal.

What happened to the Midwest is the collapse of the US auto industry. The federal government could give companies tax credits for manufacturing in the MidWest, and there are things state governments could do as well.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:12 PM

MidWest is not voting with the West Coast or Northeast basically depowered urban liberals who like to look down on blue collar workers with disdain, and this already caused a civil war in the Democratic party.

The government will have to change policy and work with business leaders to find solutions.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:32 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
MidWest is not voting with the West Coast or Northeast basically depowered urban liberals who like to look down on blue collar workers with disdain, and this already caused a civil war in the Democratic party.

The government will have to change policy and work with business leaders to find solutions.
Its funny. The biggest lovers are nyc liberals, sf liberals, LA liberals, dc liberals, boston liberals. And etc. It's funny how liberals kept on saying suburbia is dead. Lol. Suburbia and rural voted in the Trump. Democratic party is finished and I'm happy. I hope Keith Ellison can bring some change to the DNC. To be honest I think those liberals who are highly educated should make their own poltical party. Hmm maybe the organic party, or the i—party.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Its funny. The biggest lovers are nyc liberals, sf liberals, LA liberals, dc liberals, boston liberals. And etc. It's funny how liberals kept on saying suburbia is dead. Lol. Suburbia and rural voted in the Trump. Democratic party is finished and I'm happy. I hope Keith Ellison can bring some change to the DNC. To be honest I think those liberals who are highly educated should make their own poltical party. Hmm maybe the organic party, or the i—party.
Well the mortality rate of the white working class has drastically gone up as people in economically decimated areas resorted to drinking and drugs, particularly heroin. Change was definitely needed, and you are right rural and suburban rejecting the Clinton machine.

Also the issue is that these corporations were hiding their anti worker and anti everyone stance under a false charade of diversity and progressive policies that were simply rejected by voters.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:14 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well the mortality rate of the white working class has drastically gone up as people in economically decimated areas resorted to drinking and drugs, particularly heroin. Change was definitely needed, and you are right rural and suburban rejecting the Clinton machine.

Also the issue is that these corporations were hiding their anti worker and anti everyone stance under a false charade of diversity and progressive policies that were simply rejected by voters.
One of those voters who saw this was me. And I saw this year's ago. Liberals should be careful of what they teach and preach, because the truth is lurking right under their feet. This is how I realized it was all a sham, for most, but only beneficial to a very few. But yes in some parts of the country, white male mortality is even higher than black male mortality. Also their seems to be an increase of out of wedlock births in white America over the past decade.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:16 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
In other news, DeBlasio has said NYC will continue to be a sanctuary city:
Mayors of NYC and Los Angeles Pledge to Remain Immigrant Sanctuaries
That's so disgusting, I hope Trump comes down hard on these cities (NYC included)

Old 11-14-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
That's so disgusting, I hope Trump comes down hard on these cities (NYC included)
Hope? Hahaha this is Trump you can be assured he will. This could cost de Blasio his election bid. Imagine if de Blasio defies Trump and the MTA, hospitals, schools, etc all lose their federal funding. It would be the end of de Blasio and the City Council. But right now they are just bull****ting, as Trump hasn't assumed office yet.

Two million illegals were deported under Obama. The number will increase under Trump.

Even with the sanctuary city status, when judges ordered it city law enforcement were forced to hand over undocumented immigrants to ICE anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City