U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 11:13 PM

428 posts, read 450,789 times

Advertisements

I've decided my days of shopping at certain kinds of stores based on their advertised specials are over. This week I get in the mail the week's sales at Target, and I see they have Fruit of the Loom Boxer Briefs on sale, package of seven (5 plus 2 "bonus") for $11.00. Great, I could use them. I also think of other basic needs I could pick up at the same time.
I've been shopping at the store at 225th Street since the day it opened. I am not a stranger to their pricing and their merchandise and what not. But when I went into the men's dept, there was a display with the sale sign, clearly marked, 7 pair package boxer briefs for $11. In that display, were about a dozen or so packages, all of them "knitted boxers." 7 in a package, including 2 "bonus." I wondered for a moment why the sale called them "boxer briefs" and the package called them "knitted boxers." But the picture on the package sure looked like boxer briefs. And these packages were placed inside the display with a sign indicating they were on sale for $11.00. So, I figure, perhaps the "boxer briefs" description is a typo, cause obviously they are suggesting these are what's on sale.
I pick up other stuff and bring it all up to the registers. The briefs came up as $16.89 -- I told the cashier they should be $11. She says, no, see the register says $16.89, so that's the price, it's always been the price."
So that's it, no checking the sales, no calling the manager, it's just sorry chump, take it or leave it. At that moment, something just snapped in my brain -- and I thought "s c r e w i t " and walked out, leaving my almost-purchases at the register.
From now on, I will stick to stores that show the true price, that treat you with respect, instead of playing these games trying to save some money. I'll pay more, of course, but why reward these " s h i t hole" stores anymore?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 05:55 AM

3,447 posts, read 3,515,337 times
Write corporate.
Demand employees be held accountable for their jobs.

NYC has too many terrible people working in service because they pay peanuts.
People have come to expect very little. Any time you get treated with less dignity and respect you offer those at your job, let someone up on the top know.

They will come down hard if it's taken to multiple forms of media.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:38 AM

5,682 posts, read 5,154,796 times
You needed to demand a price check and manager. You walk them to the display show them the item and posted sign with the price. They can't label something a cheaper price and then charge you more.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:09 AM

4,783 posts, read 4,665,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterStereoman View Post
I've decided my days of shopping at certain kinds of stores based on their advertised specials are over. This week I get in the mail the week's sales at Target, and I see they have Fruit of the Loom Boxer Briefs on sale, package of seven (5 plus 2 "bonus") for $11.00. Great, I could use them. I also think of other basic needs I could pick up at the same time.
I've been shopping at the store at 225th Street since the day it opened. I am not a stranger to their pricing and their merchandise and what not. But when I went into the men's dept, there was a display with the sale sign, clearly marked, 7 pair package boxer briefs for $11. In that display, were about a dozen or so packages, all of them "knitted boxers." 7 in a package, including 2 "bonus." I wondered for a moment why the sale called them "boxer briefs" and the package called them "knitted boxers." But the picture on the package sure looked like boxer briefs. And these packages were placed inside the display with a sign indicating they were on sale for $11.00. So, I figure, perhaps the "boxer briefs" description is a typo, cause obviously they are suggesting these are what's on sale.
I pick up other stuff and bring it all up to the registers. The briefs came up as $16.89 -- I told the cashier they should be $11. She says, no, see the register says $16.89, so that's the price, it's always been the price."
So that's it, no checking the sales, no calling the manager, it's just sorry chump, take it or leave it. At that moment, something just snapped in my brain -- and I thought "s c r e w i t " and walked out, leaving my almost-purchases at the register.
From now on, I will stick to stores that show the true price, that treat you with respect, instead of playing these games trying to save some money. I'll pay more, of course, but why reward these " s h i t hole" stores anymore?

I don't go to Target too often but when I have, I've had a number of occasions when something doesn't ring up correctly. The cashiers always have taken my word for it and adjust the price right then and there. I have not been to that particular store you are talking about though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City