U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 03:59 PM

78 posts, read 102,775 times

Advertisements

I didn't know you can get an extension. I read the entire handbook and even google more on details on HUD exhibit 5.2 section on Asset. I was not able to find anything in details for my situation. All I can do now is to get a CPA letter to explain the form and possibly send updated bank statements as proof of current assets.

Do you know how long does it take for them to come back with a decision? Who do I even call to get an update or just wait for a letter in the mail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 06:47 PM

774 posts, read 718,605 times
I don't know for a fact that you can get an extension -- if you need one, ask, but you probably don't need one. I think a CPA letter explaining this is a good idea, and send the appeal overnight -- that way it's done, and you'll know it arrived, as there will be a signature. You or the CPA need to explain how they're misreading your assets. You can win only if you can show they've made a mistake. They're not trained in much beyond the guidelines. If they turn you down again, appeal to HPD and attach all relevant documents. Good luck.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:40 PM

Are you saying we can still appeal to HPD if the housing lottery management still deny our application? How will HPD have our info?

Sometimes I think it's just luck. Everything is dependent on the interviewer or reviewer of your file. Sadly, I'm starting to lose hope.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:20 PM

Yes, the option of appealing to HPD will be at the bottom of the denial letter, with an email address. They get in touch with the managing agent (the housing organization handling the subsidized apts for the development you've applied to), and your entire file is sent electronically to HPD immediately, although you should include your relevant documents (you can scan them or photograph them and send as attachments) in your email to HPD. But HPD will bend over backwards not to reverse the original decision. But it's an option worth trying.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:43 PM

Do anyone know if the person who rejected my application will be the same person who will review my appeal? I hope not.....

I emailed my interviewer to let him know I'm appealing the decision and sending out the documents.....nothing but crickets.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:47 PM

2,771 posts, read 660,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat0303 View Post
Do anyone know if the person who rejected my application will be the same person who will review my appeal? I hope not.....

I emailed my interviewer to let him know I'm appealing the decision and sending out the documents.....nothing but crickets.
There is no way we know who the staff person will be.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:42 PM

According to the guidelines, it's supposed to be a different person. Usually a supervisor reviews the appeals.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:00 PM

Thank you Moving415! I'm glad to hear it's a different person. Let's just hope he/she has more knowledge or expertise in the area ��

Old 12-05-2016, 09:43 AM

Don't count on it. You need to clearly make your case. Write it out step by step at a third-grade reading level.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:42 PM

how long does it take and who do I call or email to get a status?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or