U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 09:12 PM

10,322 posts, read 7,225,131 times

Advertisements

2 bedroom in NYC is now 1.3 million ? What your thoughts

Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 11:25 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,065,111 times
That's actually a little cheaper than I thought

I would've thought 1 bedrooms would be that price

Old 11-29-2016, 11:48 PM

4,911 posts, read 6,818,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
What your thoughts

This city is full of suckers...

Old 11-30-2016, 06:43 AM

20,129 posts, read 26,407,309 times
Jesus, Baltic yet.

See if you can find something cheaper on Mediterranean.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:55 AM

15,227 posts, read 23,743,496 times
Its actually sickening, and it is the same old "kitchen-living-dining" combo room, that is no bigger than my living room alone, and a bedroom.....so that make it a 2 room apartment.

they usually have way too many un necessary bathrooms, ( and just why cant your guests use your bathroom, and have to have a seperate powder room???) they never enough closets....

and whats worse is there retards that will actually buyt these apartments at these insane price for such a little amount of space, is completely beyond me.

maybe if people stopper buying them at 1M, they would sit vacant fr a while and drive the prices down.

Gowanus Brooklyn Apartments for Rent | 365 Bond

check these out in brooklyn, a great neighborhood, but $$$, and situatied on a toxic canal, one of the most polluted waterways in america. LOL
i think studios are 3K.
We looked at a 2 bedroom duplex, ist floor had living dining kitchen combo and bathroom, the upstairs had 2 bedrooms and two bathrooms....total of three bathrooms per this apartment? WTF. they wanted 7K a month.
are they kidding me................................................ ......

Old 11-30-2016, 10:16 AM

618 posts, read 2,186,651 times
1.3 for 2BR condo in prime Brooklyn is nothing brand new, there are some developments in the Park Slope and Crown Heights (and assume similar) that are getting that.

I do agree 365 Bond feels highly priced, but if people are willing to pay it......
When I first saw their website, they had pictures of people rowing down the canal

Old 11-30-2016, 12:56 PM

15,227 posts, read 23,743,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureistheword View Post
1.3 for 2BR condo in prime Brooklyn is nothing brand new, there are some developments in the Park Slope and Crown Heights (and assume similar) that are getting that.

I do agree 365 Bond feels highly priced, but if people are willing to pay it......
When I first saw their website, they had pictures of people rowing down the canal

LOL, yeah, aint that a crock of shyytt!! LOL.

the concept of course is nice, the area is great realy is. the grounds arounfdthe building along the canal have been re done, but the canal itself, well, we all know already how toxic it is.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:24 PM

18,238 posts, read 11,645,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Its actually sickening, and it is the same old "kitchen-living-dining" combo room, that is no bigger than my living room alone, and a bedroom.....so that make it a 2 room apartment.

they usually have way too many un necessary bathrooms, ( and just why cant your guests use your bathroom, and have to have a seperate powder room???) they never enough closets....

and whats worse is there retards that will actually buyt these apartments at these insane price for such a little amount of space, is completely beyond me.

maybe if people stopper buying them at 1M, they would sit vacant fr a while and drive the prices down.

check these out in brooklyn, a great neighborhood, but $$$, and situatied on a toxic canal, one of the most polluted waterways in america. LOL
i think studios are 3K.
We looked at a 2 bedroom duplex, ist floor had living dining kitchen combo and bathroom, the upstairs had 2 bedrooms and two bathrooms....total of three bathrooms per this apartment? WTF. they wanted 7K a month.

Don't know how you were brought up but for the rest of us it is a good thing to have a "powder room" and a family bathroom.

In proper society guests do not or should not enter the private space of a family's home.

Acceptable use of the powder room varies by society. For most it is a place where one washes one's hands before a meal. That and for the ladies to "powder their noses" (which is how the room got its name). That being said since often safe and clean public "facilities" were historically rare for females, and given their unusual and complicated (compared to men) for going, a john is often in this room as well.

Note however in some cultures it is historically frowned upon to ask for the facilities when invited into someone's home. French culture is an example and explains why pubic restrooms are often hard to find. Even today they are mainly located in tourist areas.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:25 PM

2,336 posts, read 3,323,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

i think studios are 3K.
Some people like to have separate bathrooms. The concept of a guest bathroom is not unusual nor is the concept of a separate bathroom for the kids/adults in the upstairs living area. None of this is usual, it's just very expensive per square foot because it's in "hot" Brooklyn.

As for all of the open kitchens, I'm not a fan but I have one because it's the current design trend. My mom recently sold her house and she told me the agent said the kitchen will likely be redesigned by the buyer to create an open living space for the living room/kitchen/dining room. Like it or not, that's what's "in".

I agree on the closet space...but I have a theory that these buildings offer storage space, which they charge for, as a way to make more money.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:27 PM

18,238 posts, read 11,645,412 times
Actually drove through DT Brooklyn this Thanksgiving holiday (going to Staten Island and had to pick up something), and was gobsmacked at the transformation. It is a whole different place than one remembers late as the middle 1990's.

For the record all that construction (and more planned) for DT Brooklyn is contributing to what some see as a coming (if not arrived already), glut of rental and perhaps condo housing, especially on the higher end of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or