Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 05:06 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,462 times

Advertisements

"Don't get fancy with them. These are clerks who have been told by rote how to deal with each transaction." That's what you're dealing with -- I've never seen it expressed so perfectly.

And "usual" doesn't apply -- just read the thread of all the people waiting on Dean Street -- nothing usual about that situation. I'm not even in that lottery (I forgot to apply), but I find it fascinating reading. So I would relax. And I can't help but laugh at the thought of trying to explain an app to these people. You'll likely be fine. I think. Let us know what does happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 05:14 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,842,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
"Don't get fancy with them. These are clerks who have been told by rote how to deal with each transaction." That's what you're dealing with -- I've never seen it expressed so perfectly.

And "usual" doesn't apply -- just read the thread of all the people waiting on Dean Street -- nothing usual about that situation. I'm not even in that lottery (I forgot to apply), but I find it fascinating reading. So I would relax. And I can't help but laugh at the thought of trying to explain an app to these people. You'll likely be fine. I think. Let us know what does happen.

Well, Dean Street had 4 large community board preferences so those will fill up very quickly. Anyway, I know what I have to do and I'll do it- no more random deposits. My bigger worry now is that the income limits will drop in 2017. They jumped up a lot this year and they have dropped once in 2014...

Old 12-01-2016, 10:58 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
And you're being optimistic about when you'll be interviewed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Well, I submitted financial documents in May-June for StuyTown and am waiting for them to call me when they have a unit ready. Since it's been 6 months since I've submitted those documents I'll have to submit new ones when and if they call me, so I'm worried about that. Though it's odd that they didn't comment on any of the documents I sent them in June and those had lots of misc. deposits.

I also have a CB preference at 10 Freedom Place which released log numbers on Monday. Even tho my log number is 12,000, they usually call the preference groups within a couple of months of getting log numbers.
I like the optimistic additude but i had cb and a way lower log in number than you for a building and it took them 2 years to the month of the lottery closing to call me. Even with a low log in number they only have like 10-20 apts in your income range. My guess is you won't have to worry about this by the time they call you.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:03 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Well, I submitted financial documents in May-June for StuyTown and am waiting for them to call me when they have a unit ready.

What is the deal with StuyTown? Anything affordable? Their market rents are sky high.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Well, I submitted financial documents in May-June for StuyTown and am waiting for them to call me when they have a unit ready.

What is the deal with StuyTown? Anything affordable? Their market rents are sky high.
Yeah, they had an affordable lottery in March, got my log number 150 out of 15,000 in April, they contacted me in May to submit documents, which I did in June and they did a credit check, but they have kept me waiting since then for a unit to open up. See this thread on the lottery: The STUY TOWN lottery starts today! (March 1)

Old 12-02-2016, 08:34 AM

Thank you wiivile.
Alas I got a "404 error" on the original ad.
As best you can remember what was the income range and rent for the 1 bedroom.
If you cannot remember, ignore the request.

Good Luck.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Thank you wiivile.
Alas I got a "404 error" on the original ad.
As best you can remember what was the income range and rent for the 1 bedroom.
If you cannot remember, ignore the request.

Good Luck.
They're here, in the StuyTown thread: http://www.city-data.com/forum/45571223-post84.html

Note that the income ranges have since increased from the ad since those were based on 2015's AMI numbers.

I'm actually terrified that the income limits will decrease in 2017 which will completely ruin my chances of getting anything since I am near the upper limit...

Old 12-03-2016, 08:37 AM

wiivile,

Thank you so much for that pricing schedule. Now I understand what everyone is talking about.

since I am near the upper limit...

Are you the upper limit of the low end or the high end apartments?

Old 12-03-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
wiivile,

Thank you so much for that pricing schedule. Now I understand what everyone is talking about.

since I am near the upper limit...

Are you the upper limit of the low end or the high end apartments?
Upper limit of the low end apts.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:58 PM

252 posts, read 607,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Paycheck deposits are easy. I save all my paystubs because I know they will want those. The paystubs match the deposits.

But I have lots of miscellaneous deposits that are not income and are just 'reimbursements'... for example, last month I charged a $200 meal with a few friends to my credit card and they gave me cash and I deposited it. What are they going to want to know about that deposit? Also, I also pay our family's cell phone plan some months and my parents pay their share by sending me money via PayPal. What kind of "documentation" would be required in cases like these? Point is, none of these things are income, but I'm not sure how to prove that it's not.

Ive been through and approved for the low income apt and they will ask about the deposits that have a name attached to it. Like so and so deposit this amount on this date. They will question why this person is giving you money. If it just says deposit they will not ask, because that can be you depositing the money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City