U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 11:09 PM

924 posts, read 426,851 times

Advertisements

If it was money from a retirement account and you didn't roll it over, then you effectively withdrew it and it probably should count as income for this year. If you did roll it over, you should have the paperwork to show that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 424 times
The money wasn’t from a 401k. I don’t know if your familiar with a company call Ascensus. They was associated with a former employer I had and they contact me earlier last year to let me know about the money and if I don’t contact them back to claim the funds I would lose it. I did receive a check and the account is close now.

I received a rejection letter saying I’m over the income guidelines, but It don’t specify due to bank statements when that’s the reason. I did move forward with the “appeal” when I got forward to the initial person I was dealing with Manager. (Which I found that to be wierd) I thought I would be forward to HUD. Then again I never been through anything like this before. If anybody’s knows feel free to let me know thank you!

As far as the retirement account I was told they didn’t count that as my “income”. When I ask them what did they count as my income I can’t get a straight answer. When we went through the list yesterday and the first thing that was on the list was a cash deposit that I originally withdraw for rent and then deposit back because my landlord ask if I could deposit it in his Bank account due him being away to accept the cash. She told me they included that & once I questioned it she told me she gonna look through it and call me back. She called me back today and still I can’t get a straight answer on what was counted. I then ask her can she send me their guidelines and she said she could give it to me in a day or two.. AGAIN WIERDDD! That’s something that should be on hand since they so adamant about their guidelines right? Honestly all the deposit that’s listed wasn’t personal expect for loans that I received back from friends which range from 25-100$ And I could prove that was sent out via cash app and “my birthday gifts wasn’t added also”. I wouldn’t question this so much if I know I was receiving extra “income”. When I offer to provide proof of where these deposit come from they say they don’t need it.. AGAIN WIERDD & im at the “appeal process” I thought the appeal process I would have to provide more information regarding these deposit and I haven’t. She just call to tell me she look over my paperwork and the decision is final. If anybody have any info on althe appeal process please elaborate I’m really on sure.. so today after speaking to her she told me she going to forward my information to her Manager.

I just been speaking to everybody manager smh

I’m sorry if I’m all over the place with response & I hope I was clear about things..
Thank you in adavance to anybody that reply back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or