Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 06:23 PM

387 posts, read 558,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
To be honest, just go to the interview and see how it pans out. Every building does things a little different.
Think positive but don't hold all your eggs in this one situation. Hope it works out and lets us know how it goes.
Yes, I am thinking positive and going into this with God lol The other day I was talking about "OMG I havent gotten a call back from the lottery" and then BAM the next day or 2 I get contacted so I can only hope for the best.

I will definitely keep everyone posted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 07:08 PM

252 posts, read 607,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
Right, I'm hoping they don't-and how would I let them know that it's hourly? During my interview? Im assuming I would have to fill out some paper work....

I'm just going in with God by my side lol I already have a huge migraine thinking about this.

If you paycheck has an hourly rate, ans they ask I would say hourly

Old 12-03-2016, 10:10 PM

274 posts, read 485,092 times
They send the employment verification letter after the interview right before the send to HPD for final approval. That's how they did it for me 5 years ago when I won my 2 bdrm lottery apartment and that's how they did it for me last week for my hopefully soon to be 3 bdrm apt. Of course, they may not do it for your building but both instances, they sent employer verification for me after my interview and credit check, right before they sent to HPD. Wish you the best

Old 12-03-2016, 10:16 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
They send the employment verification letter after the interview right before the send to HPD for final approval. That's how they did it for me 5 years ago when I won my 2 bdrm lottery apartment and that's how they did it for me last week for my hopefully soon to be 3 bdrm apt. Of course, they may not do it for your building but both instances, they sent employer verification for me after my interview and credit check, right before they sent to HPD. Wish you the best
Every building is different, I had to have employer, bank and landlord verification done before my interview and the credit check was done also before they interview. This was for several buildings.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:48 AM

230 posts, read 173,152 times
I will throw in a prayer of best wishes! I hope you get it!!

Old 12-04-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny DeSurf View Post
I will throw in a prayer of best wishes! I hope you get it!!
Thank you!!!

Old 12-04-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Every building is different, I had to have employer, bank and landlord verification done before my interview and the credit check was done also before they interview. This was for several buildings.

Hopefully they see that a) my paycheck varies and b) that i have only been at the new job for only 3 months

Old 12-04-2016, 10:03 AM

4,768 posts, read 6,555,721 times
I honestly think that if your paycheck varies, that might not be good for you. That would mean that if you work fewer hours, you might fall under the lower bracket, and if you get more hours, you can be above the upper bracket.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I honestly think that if your paycheck varies, that might not be good for you. That would mean that if you work fewer hours, you might fall under the lower bracket, and if you get more hours, you can be above the upper bracket.
As of right now, according to the calculations they use, my last 6 stubs (and whatever .06% they will tac on from my savings account) add up to being right in the middle for both income brackets

Old 12-28-2016, 12:46 PM

274 posts, read 485,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
As of right now, according to the calculations they use, my last 6 stubs (and whatever .06% they will tac on from my savings account) add up to being right in the middle for both income brackets
How did everything go during the interview?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery