Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 12:23 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,866,357 times

Advertisements

There's only like 2 or 3 threads about Trump on this forum right now.

He just won the Presidency and he's a native NYer, so it's pretty important here even though the vast majority of the city voted against him.

EDIT: Ok, maybe 4 or 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 12:27 PM

15,746 posts, read 14,343,513 times
Let's be real. Trump has been a fixture in NYC since the 80's. Now he get's elected president (truthfully, if at any point before six months ago, if anyone told me I'd be typing those words for real, I would have told they they were nuts)? Why would you expect there wouldn't be a lot of threads on him in the NYC forum?

Old 12-05-2016, 02:16 PM

278 posts, read 250,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
most people here must be from staten island or something. i can't get my head around the conservatism of this board. but then again, i can't get my head around the conservatism of staten island.
Not all of the Island! The North Shore is overwhelmingly Democratic, and if you look at the SI map by voters, you will see the NS is all in Blue!

We know how to vote on our side of the Island

Old 12-05-2016, 02:18 PM

278 posts, read 250,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
most people here must be from staten island or something. i can't get my head around the conservatism of this board. but then again, i can't get my head around the conservatism of staten island.
Not all of the Island! The North Shore is overwhelmingly Democratic, and if you look at the SI map by voters, you will see the NS is all in Blue!

We know how to vote on our side of the Island

I agree with the original poster!

Old 12-05-2016, 04:44 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,009,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I think I prefer the affordable housing threads.
I agree with your general sentiment. IMHO, the forum used to be significantly more interesting and appealing to a wide range of people. Right now it seems to appeal only to people who are obsessed with getting into affordable housing, or obsessed with being Trump-centric. Those Trump threads turn rather quickly into insults and gloating.

I remember liking the threads from the past about other neighborhoods, places to go, eat, shop, etc. I believe that the people who enjoyed posting on those threads and provided good advice and interesting ideas have also gotten a bit sick of this forum (can't blame them) and moved on to greener pastures.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:18 PM

15,444 posts, read 15,425,363 times
Perhaps you haven't noticed that Trump is a New Yorker? And even Hillary.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:26 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,749,389 times
Short answer is cause a lot of people on this forum are racist, sexist and think they know how all races and genders live that aren't Hetero white and consider it dangerous and terrible.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:25 PM

3,672 posts, read 3,396,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
Short answer is cause a lot of people on this forum are racist, sexist and think they know how all races and genders live that aren't Hetero white and consider it dangerous and terrible.
Why do you label people that think differently than you?

I voted for Trump and I think Gays should marry, have a black wife, am Latino myself... born and raised in the Bronx and don't agree with organized religion. I don't fit into any of your "ist" Labels.

People like you who love to generalize and label everyone who is not a Liberal Democrat is a big part of the reason I voted republican for the first time in my life.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:27 PM

8,610 posts, read 10,977,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Perhaps you haven't noticed that Trump is a New Yorker? And even Hillary.
Hillary is a carpetbagger

Old 12-05-2016, 06:39 PM

439 posts, read 354,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I think I prefer the affordable housing threads.
No, it isn't. Most of the threads are bizarrely Trump-free, and concerned (understandably) with the cost of housing. There's like two-three threads devoted to the man.

By in large, New Yorkers are concerned with themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: