U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 11:23 PM

2,331 posts, read 4,853,676 times

Advertisements

I suppose the truck drivers could make deliveries riding Citibikes with giant packs attached to them.

Got to love how they create bike lanes for the environment. Hah! If there were no bike lanes, these bikers would be walking or taking public transportation, not driving. Meanwhile, giant trucks are stuck in traffic polluting the air.

Can't blame this one on the current Bozo mayor. It was the prior Bozo Mayor Bloomberg who got us into this mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 02:27 AM

104 posts, read 133,380 times
The bike lanes were a mistake. They removed too much capacity.

Sometimes I'll be standing at an intersection, and in a given minute, tons of cars will flow by.

But in that same minute, the bike lane only has a trickle of bicyclists riding by. Sometimes I'll look down the bike lane, and for 10 blocks, it just looks like one big empty lane.

If that bike lane was a car lane, you'd be able to funnel more human beings per minute through a given area.

I'm also starting to dislike the bicyclists, because they ignore traffic lights, and ride the wrong way on one-way streets.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:25 AM

343 posts, read 844,309 times
Anonimuso - DoomDan515 is correct. I am referring to double parkers. I see them all the time. As far as drivers running lights, you must be in a different neighborhood because I see it all the time in my part of Manhattan. I have even saved people's lives by yelling for people to stop as cars went through the red lights. I didn't see it much when I lived in Brooklyn or where I work down near the financial district probably due to the narrower roads.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:12 AM

20,182 posts, read 26,480,657 times
GROTCD:
Get Rid of the Car Dummy.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:53 PM

4,841 posts, read 7,875,508 times
Bike lanes = Double park lanes.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:48 PM

785 posts, read 345,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrisle View Post
Anonimuso - DoomDan515 is correct. I am referring to double parkers. I see them all the time. As far as drivers running lights, you must be in a different neighborhood because I see it all the time in my part of Manhattan. I have even saved people's lives by yelling for people to stop as cars went through the red lights. I didn't see it much when I lived in Brooklyn or where I work down near the financial district probably due to the narrower roads.
Yes, double parking is a problem. There is a spot downtown Brooklyn right in front of Junior's that people like to double park in and it blocks the buses that pass there. If it were two lanes, it wouldn't be an issue, but it is a single lane so it's super annoying, especially in the morning.

As for running red lights, yes, I live in Brooklyn. But I also don't see why it would be more prevalent in Manhattan considering the amount of police and police vehicles you see in Manhattan. Unless the police just ignore it in your neighborhood. They don't in mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City