U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 07:35 PM

23,262 posts, read 16,082,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
No, data will be erased before trump takes office. His election is irrelevant.
Not even. Because if immigrants opened up bank accounts, used the NYC ID for library cards, to pay bills, and other services, all those entities have that data, and they won't delete it and de Blasio can't force them to delete them.

The bottom line is de Blasio screwed up. Trump's election is very relevant to those who will soon be deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 08:23 PM

6,909 posts, read 9,041,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Not even. Because if immigrants opened up bank accounts, used the NYC ID for library cards, to pay bills, and other services, all those entities have that data, and they won't delete it and de Blasio can't force them to delete them.

The bottom line is de Blasio screwed up. Trump's election is very relevant to those who will soon be deported.
Libraries and businesses dont have information on immigration status so that wont help people looking to round them up and deport.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:42 PM

10,625 posts, read 20,755,039 times
Quote:
Libraries and businesses dont have information on immigration status so that wont help people looking to round them up and deport.
And actually I think libraries are onto the whole thing about possibly being required to give information on people. They don't want to be in that business. One time I really wanted to try to look up a book I had checked out in the past, and I couldn't remember the title or the author. I contacted the library to see if they could look in my records to see what I had checked out, and they said they don't keep this info.

So what I concluded from that was that everyone knows Big Brother could be watching.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:35 PM

23,262 posts, read 16,082,841 times
Quote:
Only certain banks allow one to open up an account with ID NYC, and that info one can get of the ID NYC website. All they have to do is subpoena the records of those banks and find out who opened accounts with ID NYC and take it from there. Ditto other businesses.

And the city has yet to announce that it has destroyed the data, and there is pending court action.

Probably the city didn't already delete the data because of the potential for law suits.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:13 AM

7,904 posts, read 6,483,818 times
Hopefully they did delete it. I prefer DeBlasio in jail over the data honestly. If given the word, rounding up illegals would be easy anyway.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:52 AM

10,625 posts, read 20,755,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Hopefully they did delete it. I prefer DeBlasio in jail over the data honestly. If given the word, rounding up illegals would be easy anyway.
NYPD Intelligence was consulted on this law prior to the start of IDNYC and they agreed with all of it, including the part about destroying documents. I already posted this once in this thread. But I can see that you would prefer to continue to ignore the facts.

Why don't you go complain about the higher-ups in your own department (since they were involved in creating this law) and see how that goes over for you.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:38 AM

7,904 posts, read 6,483,818 times
I don't deny that whoever was consulted agreed with it. You people are weird. Are we still allowed to disagree with liberalism or is it a law now that we must conform?

I don't care if the last 10 presidents agree with it (even the dead ones). I still don't.

The whackos in charge of this city (and many others) are hell bent on protecting illegals because they figure their citizen offspring will be lockstep dem voters. That's a fact no one should deny.

Regular cops complain all the time. My direct boss even knows about me posting on this site. Contrary to what you probably believe, we're still allowed to have opinions that run afoul of liberal group-think. Crazy right?

Old 12-09-2016, 06:48 AM

1,073 posts, read 495,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

I wasn't even thinking about it from this angle. Yes, these banks would be easy targets for any federal action. However, it seems as if Donald Trump has been softening his stance on illegal immigrants, so I don't see the Bush era raids happening under his watch. He is talking about working out a deal for Dreamers. I'm just curious what he will do after most of those violent illegals are removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
NYPD Intelligence was consulted on this law prior to the start of IDNYC and they agreed with all of it, including the part about destroying documents. I already posted this once in this thread. But I can see that you would prefer to continue to ignore the facts.

Why don't you go complain about the higher-ups in your own department (since they were involved in creating this law) and see how that goes over for you.
Actually, Airborne and others have a strong point. At the end of the day where federal law and state/local laws clash, the fed statute reigns supreme. Note, I'm not saying I agree with turning over the data but the law is the law. At any rate, ICE don't need this data to weed out illegal immigrants plus Trump won't pursue them aggressively.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:00 AM

20,158 posts, read 26,453,489 times
Quote:
I wasn't even thinking about it from this angle. Yes, these banks would be easy targets for any federal action.

Were the German banks and libraries complicit in Hitler's identifying Jews?

Old 12-09-2016, 01:35 PM

439 posts, read 230,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Sucks when we get in the way of your rampant, illegal and deviant liberalism huh?
Nah, I just don't like Staten Island...or Long Island...or 'Jersey...or Florida...or, well, I honestly only like most of New York and Quebec...That's pretty much it (in North America). Sorry...

Last edited by JamaicaOnTheHudson; 12-09-2016 at 01:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or