Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 12:15 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

DeBlasio is trying to delete all traces of his illegal immigration program that gave identification to illegal immigrants before President Trump is inaugurated. At least one politician is trying to stop what is, let's face it, disturbing criminal behavior from an elected official

Staten Island Assemblymembers Sue the City Over IDNYC Applications
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 02:51 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Let me tell you, if there will ever be a city wide revolution, it will start from SI.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:30 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Let me tell you, if there will ever be a city wide revolution, it will start from SI.
I don't understand how 80-something percent of voters in Manhattan voted for Clinton with high numbers in the Bronx, Queens, & Brooklyn too. What is wrong with these people

Old 12-07-2016, 02:05 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I don't understand how 80-something percent of voters in Manhattan voted for Clinton with high numbers in the Bronx, Queens, & Brooklyn too. What is wrong with these people
Why did that surprise you? Do you live in NYC? It's been a long time since a Republican president has won NYC, and for reasons much to explicit to get into, Clinton was always going to win NYC.

Half the people in NYC are immigrants, and considering Trump's idea of immigration reform, immigrants were not going to rush to vote for him (though I do know immigrants who did vote for Trump). Lots of people in NYC work for the vast public sector/public education complex that will assuredly get cut under President Trump(not that I think that's a bad thing), and so they just wanted to preserve their jobs. A lot of people in NYC are on government programs, and those people wanted to preserve funding for their programs.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:09 PM

4,773 posts, read 6,571,114 times
Sounds to me as if the city has the right to destroy the records.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:18 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Why did that surprise you? Do you live in NYC? It's been a long time since a Republican president has won NYC, and for reasons much to explicit to get into, Clinton was always going to win NYC.

Half the people in NYC are immigrants, and considering Trump's idea of immigration reform, immigrants were not going to rush to vote for him (though I do know immigrants who did vote for Trump).

And while a large number of NYCers are not happy with illegal immigration (even immigrants themselves), they do not support Trump's proposal for mass round-ups as this will cause dislocation in the local economy and more importantly lower trust in IDNYC, which has allowed all immigrants to open bank accounts, credit cards, etc. and thus help the local economy. This is what the OP does not understand.

Any disclosure will be an act of bad faith as these people signed up for IDNYC voluntarily since the city was trying to induce them to participate more in the formal economy. Nobody would have signed up if they knew at that time they knew they were being lured into a trap.

And 80% of Manhattan, QNS and Bronx voting for Clinton is not surprising. They are happy with the status quo as it applies to their own lives. They NYC economy has recovered since the recession, employment has improved, and there is overall stability and improved accountability in the business climate. With Hillary, there was sure to be continuity in the economic climate.

Last edited by Forest_Hills_Daddy; 12-07-2016 at 03:32 PM..

Old 12-07-2016, 03:31 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I wonder how many of those folks voted for Clinton for presidency, voted for De Blasio during his first run as mayor. Remember plenty of wealthy liberal types were pushing for Quinn. Funny thing is plenty of these wealthy liberals also voted for Bloomberg 3x. I'm happy to remove myself from the democratic party. NYC needs someone like Fiorello LaGuardia, historically he was one of the cities best mayors.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:52 PM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
A high school buddy of mine is the lead attorney on this case! Go get 'em Jeff. The absurdity of liberalism needs to be defeated in every arena possible.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:13 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
A high school buddy of mine is the lead attorney on this case! Go get 'em Jeff. The absurdity of liberalism needs to be defeated in every arena possible.

IDNYC was not an absurdity of liberalism. It was created for practical reasons to make governance more efficient and at the same time help the local economy. If the goal is to round up and deport immigrants for ideological reasons, why not do it the old way of sleuthing and stalking instead of using information that the government solicited in good faith for its own benefit?

Old 12-08-2016, 06:00 AM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
This fight isn't over the governments ability to round up illegals randomly. It's over the deliberate destruction of evidence which could be used to investigate criminality. It's no different than if the state hid our drivers license info from the police, which they would never do because illegals are more important to creating the next liberal base while DL-holding citizens are valid targets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City