Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 02:43 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,669,164 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else love this?

I love the historical aspect - it's the kind of thing that used to happen in the 19th century.

I love, as always, that we New Yorkers are so feisty.

I love the absurdity of Trump demanding an apology - does he expected to be receiving little notes of regret from individual audience members?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2879659

‘Hamilton’ Disrupted by Boos for Mike Pence | Variety

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-penc...063728742.html

Funny how Trump demands more apologies, and has a history of threatening more lawsuits, than any elected official I've ever heard of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 03:37 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,105 times
Imagine a play based on MLK's life and a casting call for white only actors...

Old 11-19-2016, 04:09 PM

593 posts, read 470,530 times
I felt that it was inappropriate for the cast to single out a member of the audience and lecture him because they disagree with him politically. Furthermore, I believe that certain amount of respect is due to a Vice President elect who was just there to enjoy the show. Is that too much to ask that he not be harassed at a Broadway show?

Unfortunately, some individuals on the Left believe in dragging politics into every aspect of human life regardless of whether it is appropriate.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:23 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereagle View Post
I felt that it was inappropriate for the cast to single out a member of the audience and lecture him because they disagree with him politically. Furthermore, I believe that certain amount of respect is due to a Vice President elect who was just there to enjoy the show. Is that too much to ask that he not be harassed at a Broadway show?

Unfortunately, some individuals on the Left believe in dragging politics into every aspect of human life regardless of whether it is appropriate.
Thank you for saying "some" if you meant it to exclude all of us on the left. I cannot stand Trump or Pence and I know there is a right to free speech but I also think it was rude and in poor taste to embarrass a member of the audience like that. Also, it won't make any difference anyway.

(I'm not from NY, but I just wanted to say that.)

Old 11-19-2016, 05:08 PM

120 posts, read 90,475 times
I didn't think it was necessary, or even right. And honestly, people I know who saw it thought it was on the ridiculous side. Let's face it, these are show people, to use an old term, and no doubt they know, this show especially knows, that they would receive another round of notoriety for doing this.
No apology can be asked for really, let alone demanded.
So, as far as I'm concerned, it can be chalked up to another little absurdity about this whole election.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:09 PM

120 posts, read 90,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Thank you for saying "some" if you meant it to exclude all of us on the left. I cannot stand Trump or Pence and I know there is a right to free speech but I also think it was rude and in poor taste to embarrass a member of the audience like that. Also, it won't make any difference anyway.

(I'm not from NY, but I just wanted to say that.)
Agreed.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:55 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida

Funny how Trump demands more apologies, and has a history of threatening more lawsuits, than any elected official I've ever heard of.
Its also funny how trump often says stuff and offends people AND DOESNT EVER APOLOGISE!!!!!

No apology is needed!!

Old 11-19-2016, 06:56 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,597,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Does anyone else love this?

I love the historical aspect - it's the kind of thing that used to happen in the 19th century.

I love, as always, that we New Yorkers are so feisty.

I love the absurdity of Trump demanding an apology - does he expected to be receiving little notes of regret from individual audience members?

Veep-elect Mike Pence met with boos at 'Hamilton' performance - NY Daily News

‘Hamilton’ Disrupted by Boos for Mike Pence | Variety

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-penc...063728742.html

It would be funny if it/he wasn't so scary.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:57 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
We need Kim Kardashian back so the media can move on from the Trump/Pence thing....

Old 11-19-2016, 07:32 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Guys about to be the freaking VP. He doesn't need a lecture from a bunch of grown adults prancing around a stage playing make believe. Newsflash to the arts, what you do is not real. Consider yourself lucky to be fortunate to do song and dance for a living. Lots of people have died so that you can do so. Back in the real Hamilton days the founding fathers didn't have such time for your nonsense. They wouldn't have even showed up to watch you artsy types play like little kids in recess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City