U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-16-2016, 08:59 PM
 
4,176 posts, read 5,306,803 times
Reputation: 1843

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
All of his adult kids also have bachelor's degrees from the University of Pennsylvania, so they have good educations. Clearly they could have just live off their dad's money, but they did not. Tiffany Trump is applying to law schools.

He did a good job in raising them.

Trump himself is a lot more successful than his father.
I'm with you on giving credit to Trump as a father and to his children for being focused when they could have just lived off their father's wealth. My post was in response to someone who was mocking them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:13 PM
 
1,721 posts, read 706,619 times
Reputation: 1033
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Ah, interesting how the scare tactic of the Russians no longer plays out politically. I would fully support lifting the sanctions on Russia. It's much better to deal with Putin and the Russians than it is those Islamic terrorists, and when Arab socialist dictators controlled Iraq, Syria, Libya they did not allow religious fundamentalists to run wild and cook up terrorist attacks. For that matter the same could be said of the American supported dictators in Egypt. Both Bush and Clinton's regime changed completely destabilized the middle east. Oh and because US President's listened to the CIA, Bin Laden's outfit got built up in order to target the Russian occupied Afghanistan. We see how well that worked out.

I would say that since Trump is accused of everything in the media include rape, they have nothing to blackmail him for. The only thing he has not YET been accused of is outright murder.

So his tax returns are not important, and constitutionally his business conflicts are not important since anyone over the age of 37 who is born in the US can run for PRESIDENT and is qualified.

But Trump just bragged about the Softbank investment into American jobs. Which is also backed by Saudi Arabia. You know who is also an Arab Dictator.

I guess you don't realize how conniving Russia/Putin is. We are not dealing with just any country. Emphasis on on the hacks of the DNC/RNC emails. All it takes is google search go history and present relations. Pro-American but support Russia at the same time, its ironic.

Redirecting won't work. Either you hold Trump responsible as the president elect or not. Bush/Clinton doesn't even matter at this point.

If your qualifications are that simple for President so be it, Its NOT for millions of other voters in this country (the majority). You voted for Trump ignoring all the signs, so i don't expect any less. If you think he was qualified then, his administration picks, his twitter blow ups, his attack on media and free speech wont matter to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:23 PM
 
1,721 posts, read 706,619 times
Reputation: 1033
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
I'm with you on giving credit to Trump as a father and to his children for being focused when they could have just lived off their father's wealth. My post was in response to someone who was mocking them.

Why do people set so low standards for wealthy kids? They have access to everything other people don't, most wealthy kids end up finding their own lane due to having the fund to be creative and take risk or inheriting the family business. Why is that seen as such a pat on the back, when they have advantages and the upper hand in life. You can look at most wealthy families, and their children end up still doing well for themselves. Its hard to blow billions even with a drug habit. Generational wealth has been prospering for that very reason.

FYI Ivanka is the price of Donald's eye, his other sons not so much. That's why he wants top security clearance for his Son in Law Jared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:25 PM
 
3,505 posts, read 1,802,469 times
Reputation: 1630
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Oh, and it was okay for you to disparage the "underclass" in Harlem,
What are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:26 PM
 
3,505 posts, read 1,802,469 times
Reputation: 1630
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
His post was within the terms of service of this website and I see no grounds for it to be deleted.
You may not see grounds for it to be deleted, but I hope a moderator does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:27 PM
 
3,505 posts, read 1,802,469 times
Reputation: 1630
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post

He has all the signs of a wannabe dictator. It is really embarrassing to have to explain to people oversees what happened to America.
I agree.
It's very embarrassing.
But I always knew that many many Americans were dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:27 PM
 
23,263 posts, read 16,088,546 times
Reputation: 8543
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
But Trump just bragged about the Softbank investment into American jobs. Which is also backed by Saudi Arabia. You know who is also an Arab Dictator.

I guess you don't realize how conniving Russia/Putin is. We are not dealing with just any country. Emphasis on on the hacks of the DNC/RNC emails. All it takes is google search go history and present relations. Pro-American but support Russia at the same time, its ironic.

Redirecting won't work. Either you hold Trump responsible as the president elect or not. Bush/Clinton doesn't even matter at this point.

If your qualifications are that simple for President so be it, Its NOT for millions of other voters in this country (the majority). You voted for Trump ignoring all the signs, so i don't expect any less. If you think he was qualified then, his administration picks, his twitter blow ups, his attack on media and free speech wont matter to you.
Actually it is so simple. Trump constitutionally WON, and not amount of name calling or hysteria will change the fact. Hillary not only conceded, but she is off into retirement. On Tuesday the electoral college officially votes, and it will be official. All that will be left is him officially being sworn into office..

The only reason the US and the Soviet Union were ever at odds was because each major player was trying to spread it's ideology around the world. The current Russia isn't exporting communism, and there is no reason to be at odds with them. In fact better to buy oil from them than from terrorists.

Re: Arab shareholders own stakes in many US companies, including Apple, Citibank, etc. Big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:34 PM
 
1,721 posts, read 706,619 times
Reputation: 1033
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Actually it is so simple. Trump constitutionally WON, and not amount of name calling or hysteria will change the fact. Hillary not only conceded, but she is off into retirement. On Tuesday the electoral college officially votes, and it will be official. All that will be left is him officially being sworn into office..

The only reason the US and the Soviet Union were ever at odds was because each major player was trying to spread it's ideology around the world. The current Russia isn't exporting communism, and there is no reason to be at odds with them. In fact better to buy oil from them than from terrorists.

Re: Arab shareholders own stakes in many US companies, including Apple, Citibank, etc. Big deal.

Im not contesting anything he is our President elect. Whining/name calling where? It is what it is, but like i said he should have answers to people concerns which you have ignored every one of them. He won the electoral college but didn't win the popular vote. People loved to say how divided this country was under President Obama. Well lets not ignore the stark divide that is now with Trump being elected.

You just contradict yourself. You say its best for us to have relations with Russia than from terrorist which you say are Arab countries.

Yet you say its no big deal that they are shareholders in our companies/economy. And investing into jobs in this country.

Russia has used its military power to exert their influence even with a dwindling economy. You don't think once Russia gets back on their feet with a thriving economy due to sanctions ending. Putin won't try to exert his influence even more, i have a bridge to sell you if you don't. This is the same man who gave himself a third term and violently ended protest from that.

Last edited by cheyenne2134; 12-16-2016 at 09:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
7,905 posts, read 6,485,809 times
Reputation: 7088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
OMG is everyone on this board anti-Semitic?
Talking about "usurers" (money-lenders) and cultural "mandarins"/cultural elites - Everyone knows these are code words for Jews.
Trump has really gotten to you it seems.
Code words guys...

Can't believe it's taken this long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
7,905 posts, read 6,485,809 times
Reputation: 7088
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Rightfully so, Trump supporters can move to the various red states if they want to speak their mind. Tennessee, Texas, Kentucky, Georgia, Indiana and the dozens of other poor, boring states. There are so many to choose from, but they insist on living in the most democratic city in this country and reap all the benefits from it.
It's so much more fun to stay here, in his (and our) city, to constantly talk about him and how we smashed you guys in the election.

Almost makes me wish I still worked in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top