Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 01:52 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaOnTheHudson View Post
Most Trump supporters are fools. Nobody respects a fool--including Trump hisself. He's already disavowed most of his moronic supporters (including Rudy, Newt, Chris Christie). He's packed his cabinet full of millionaires, billionaires and lobbyists...And now, he an Kanye are besties.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us...wer-visit.html
It's comical that you would quote the NYTimes with anything Trump related, as they have done their damnest to run the most disgusting smear campaign ever. I used to love the Times, but now I've lost respect for them.

P.S. Proud Trump supporter here. Can't stand crooked Hillary...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 03:48 PM

931 posts, read 801,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
It's comical that you would quote the NYTimes with anything Trump related, as they have done their damnest to run the most disgusting smear campaign ever. I used to love the Times, but now I've lost respect for them.

Exactly right. The NY Times USED TO BE a respectable newspaper. Not anymore! They're just another liberal rag working in behalf of the Dems to spread their agenda. If you get your news from the NY Times, Daily News, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, Bloomberg, Occupy Democrats, Huffington Post, etc, chances are you are a brainwashed SHEEP that has been indoctrinated by the leftist propaganda.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:33 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
Exactly right. The NY Times USED TO BE a respectable newspaper. Not anymore! They're just another liberal rag working in behalf of the Dems to spread their agenda. If you get your news from the NY Times, Daily News, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, Bloomberg, Occupy Democrats, Huffington Post, etc, chances are you are a brainwashed SHEEP that has been indoctrinated by the leftist propaganda.
CNN used to show multiple sides of issues (and not just from a "left" or "right" angle either. Not anymore.

So for the right we have Fox News, Breibart, and the New York Post.

It's a shame US media degenerated into this. Before Reagan deregulated tv media, they were required to present an issue from at least two sides.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:27 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
The New York City results of the 2016 presidential election showed Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton winning the city with 79% of the vote, where Trump received 18% of the vote in his own hometown. The areas that voted for him: Staten Island, Howard Beach, Queens, Sheepshead Bay, Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, City Island, Bronx: Do the Trump voters in the city feel ostracized by Mayor Bill de Blasio, the media, and the city overall?

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/num...al-primary-nyc

No. I think you shouldn't be using the word "ostracized." Of course they're not ostracized.

Now, if you asked, "Does much of the city - the more liberal people, the more educated people - feel contemptuous of Trump supporters?" - then I think the answer would be yes.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:38 PM

439 posts, read 357,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post

That's nice, I proudly abstained. Quite frankly, I saw that that both sides are controlled by the same establishment. As for the NYT, apparently (now) The Donald disagrees with your assessment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/bu...ork-times.html

Old 12-13-2016, 07:00 PM

593 posts, read 470,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Yes, Trump supporters are ostracized in NYC. While it's nice to say I speak my mind and this and that, in certain settings (such as being a Trump supporter in NYC) it's best not to announce it too publicly. I didn't hide it per se, but knew it was usually best to be discreet about it.
Agreed. The Left has become so militant and vindictive that I am uncomfortable engaging in political conversations with them, as I am concerned that it will have repercussions on my job and career. I voted for Trump but when asked at work I say that I abstained. Conservatives and libertarians in NYC often have to stay deep in the closet if they wish to function in this society. I hate doing it, but it seems necessary.

At one of my jobs my manager was an outspoken left-wing Democrat. He would rant and rave about Republicans during meetings at work, which put me in an uncomfortable spot.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:39 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereagle View Post
Agreed. The Left has become so militant and vindictive that I am uncomfortable engaging in political conversations with them, as I am concerned that it will have repercussions on my job and career. I voted for Trump but when asked at work I say that I abstained. Conservatives and libertarians in NYC often have to stay deep in the closet if they wish to function in this society. I hate doing it, but it seems necessary.

At one of my jobs my manager was an outspoken left-wing Democrat. He would rant and rave about Republicans during meetings at work, which put me in an uncomfortable spot.
Well they could hang out more in Staten Island, LI or Jersey. Lot of conservatives in the suburbs. Ditto upstate.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:30 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well they could hang out more in Staten Island, LI or Jersey. Lot of conservatives in the suburbs. Ditto upstate.
So basically, if you want to hang out around conservatives, stay away from job centers. That's what got liberals into their little dilemma in the first place. By choking off and forgetting about the rest of the nation.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:07 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
I tell everyone. And if they decide to make the dumb move of violently acting out because of it, well I have something for that.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:13 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I tell everyone. And if they decide to make the dumb move of violently acting out because of it, well I have something for that.
I didn't think NY let you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City