U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-13-2016, 07:02 AM
 
18,329 posts, read 11,738,895 times
Reputation: 11970

Advertisements

It's funny because it happened.


Sanitation Worker Who Took Unscheduled Break At Motel Suspended For Five Days: Gothamist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-13-2016, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
10,337 posts, read 12,446,497 times
Reputation: 15428
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Guess it was not a "No Tell" Motel since he got caught. He still has his job so hopefully he doesn't repeat the behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2016, 07:32 AM
 
6,861 posts, read 4,457,004 times
Reputation: 7654
So this guy was meeting up with a lady of a night at a motel and got caught?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2016, 07:35 AM
 
18,329 posts, read 11,738,895 times
Reputation: 11970
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
So this guy was meeting up with a lady of a night at a motel and got caught?


Read the article; guy says he needed to use the john and that was the closest he could find.


Can't say I blame him; am particular where I stop on the road when nature calls as well. Sadly New York City area doesn't have Wawa or rest stops like New Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2016, 07:48 AM
 
6,861 posts, read 4,457,004 times
Reputation: 7654
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Read the article; guy says he needed to use the john and that was the closest he could find.

Can't say I blame him; am particular where I stop on the road when nature calls as well. Sadly New York City area doesn't have Wawa or rest stops like New Jersey.
I read it and it said "After leaving Torres at the game, he then "drove the sanitation truck to a motel to meet someone for approximately one hour."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2016, 07:49 AM
 
4,922 posts, read 5,541,661 times
Reputation: 7137
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Read the article; guy says he needed to use the john and that was the closest he could find.


Can't say I blame him; am particular where I stop on the road when nature calls as well. Sadly New York City area doesn't have Wawa or rest stops like New Jersey.
An hour to use the bathroom!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2016, 08:18 AM
 
18,329 posts, read 11,738,895 times
Reputation: 11970
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
I read it and it said "After leaving Torres at the game, he then "drove the sanitation truck to a motel to meet someone for approximately one hour."


"Puglia denied that there was an assignation involved."


“That was their story,” he said of the COIB. “At ten o’clock in the morning in my garbage uniform? I looked terrible and I was dirty,” he told the News. “I had to use the bathroom and that was the closest place.”
Allen Cohen of Kirschner and Cohen PC, listed as counsel for Puglia in the COIB filing, said he was not authorized to comment on the settlement."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2016, 08:22 AM
 
18,329 posts, read 11,738,895 times
Reputation: 11970
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
An hour to use the bathroom!?

Maybe he was reading something interesting.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2016, 11:35 AM
 
6,861 posts, read 4,457,004 times
Reputation: 7654
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
"Puglia denied that there was an assignation involved."


“That was their story,” he said of the COIB. “At ten o’clock in the morning in my garbage uniform? I looked terrible and I was dirty,” he told the News. “I had to use the bathroom and that was the closest place.”
Allen Cohen of Kirschner and Cohen PC, listed as counsel for Puglia in the COIB filing, said he was not authorized to comment on the settlement."
So he rented a motel room just to use the restroom??? I highly doubt this. He has a route so he should know off spots that have restrooms that he can use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2016, 01:11 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
10,337 posts, read 12,446,497 times
Reputation: 15428
Read that it was the Oasis Motel. Ew thats the type of Motel where you check in and find a body stashed under the bed. Hope he checked for bedbugs, but I doubt with an hour of time and someone waiting on him to perform he actually did that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top