U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 04:43 AM

58 posts, read 73,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
if you're only paying 1k, you should be saving money for when you need to laid get a hotel, **** in the car, if its an amenity filled building use the pool, roof deck, etc.
use the pool?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 04:56 AM

3,337 posts, read 3,127,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggz494 View Post
use the pool?????
Have you not seen eels courting one another in a pool or pond? It is pretty entertaining to look at.

There is a Korean spa/pool place in flushing which has become a public "sexing" venue for some human creatures. Apparently civilization is regressing among certain populations.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:53 AM

895 posts, read 916,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Lawyers do not live in shacks in Latin America with outdoor plumbing facilities. They live in real houses with cars and with real services.

That does not vary from country to country.

What you said is extremely racist and ignorant. And there is no such thing as the first world. NYC actually has one of the highest numbers of homeless people in the world, and if weren't for welfare things would be much worse.

I've actually been to a number of Latin American countries, for personal and business reasons.

Of course all Americans are experts on everything, even when they've never been to a place, and clearly you've never been to ANY of these countries.
How is that racist???
I am talking from experience. I am from Ecuador and went into a small little town (if you heard of it Machala which is only considered the banana capital of the world) where my father lives (hadn't met him until I was an adult).

Everyone on that block has outdoor bathrooms, no hot water. He had a flat screen tv(which was a big thing there) but the houses are moldy and crumbling (if you even want to call them houses they look like they are made out of clay). They still have dirt roads (the center of town is more modern though which had only been upgraded recently). The house next to us which wasn't really any different is owned by a lawyer, they owned a decent medium size car which no one else did, that was the only difference.

Going into the banana fields where the workers lived/worked their houses were even worse....I guess you took the whole first whole problem to literal (maybe that's the NY in you)...And I have been to India/Morocco/Mexico(non tourist areas) where people are really poor compared to poor people here with cable tv/$200 dollar sneakers living in the PJs (this was in 2011 they were still using flip phones, no wifi yet). So yeah that is first world problems (yes its a made up term)...

So sorry your business trips or leisure time in nice hotels in nice parts of town... does not make you an expert either...

Last edited by Ruready4Bklyn; 12-15-2016 at 07:32 AM..

Old 12-15-2016, 07:13 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,624,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggz494 View Post
use the pool?????
Alot of ****ing and cheating goes on in amenity filled buildings. I hear many stories from doorman, leasing agents.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:15 PM

10,328 posts, read 12,417,631 times
Could never do this. Shared an large 3 bedroom with one other person once and that was fine. Multiple people in one room no. Had my hand been forced I would have gone to a tropical location and been a beach dweller. Live under a palm tree, and enjoyed the sunshine and a cold 40 OZ.

I give credit to those moving here to experience NYC and dealing with situations like these. Hardy souls indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or