Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 05:58 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,516 posts, read 5,642,959 times

Advertisements

____

The below article is a couple of months old, but what interests me are the sentiments expressed by New Springville residents:

"The neighborhood is definitely going downhill, especially in the past year," she said. "Just in this area there have been so many officers lately."

"This place isn't what it used to be, and now it's getting too close for comfort. I know this kinda stuff can happen anywhere, but when it happens around the block and across the street, it puts a whole new perspective on things," he said.

"[My wife and I] have been thinking about moving for some time now; maybe now is the right time," he said.

New Springville residents say latest police response is 'too close for comfort' | SILive.com

Is this so? New Springville was always one of my favorite neighborhoods...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 06:49 PM

19,026 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Growing up, New Springville was always known as a trouble spot. Not like street crime, but maybe trouble if some punk saw you walking around and didn't know you.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:42 PM

31,889 posts, read 26,916,776 times
Suppose going by when E J Korvettes, Hills Supermarket and the airport were out there, yes this might seem shocking. But for what passes as "normal" these days for New Springville, it isn't.

Stuff has been happening out there for a good two or more decades, including IIRC a few mob hits.

You want total assured peace and quiet, move up to any of the hills around Moravian, or check into the place. The latter especially seems quiet and bucolic enough like Staten Island of old; well at least no one has complained! *LOL*

Old 07-08-2017, 07:46 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,276,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Suppose going by when E J Korvettes, Hills Supermarket and the airport were out there, yes this might seem shocking. But for what passes as "normal" these days for New Springville, it isn't.

Stuff has been happening out there for a good two or more decades, including IIRC a few mob hits.

You want total assured peace and quiet, move up to any of the hills around Moravian, or check into the place. The latter especially seems quiet and bucolic enough like Staten Island of old; well at least no one has complained! *LOL*
Am here to say that moving to the hills ain't cheap and one needs a car to even get to things like the express bus or SIR or whatever to get to work. Am in agreement about the hill areas being like Staten Island of old. Lighthouse Hill comes to mind.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:05 PM

31,889 posts, read 26,916,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am here to say that moving to the hills ain't cheap and one needs a car to even get to things like the express bus or SIR or whatever to get to work. Am in agreement about the hill areas being like Staten Island of old. Lighthouse Hill comes to mind.

Of them all would say Ward Hill *was* the most affordable, but now word is getting out about that area as well so that's that. I mean it took a while but Big Ang's house finally sold, and for a pretty good price.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:49 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,516 posts, read 5,642,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Growing up, New Springville was always known as a trouble spot. Not like street crime, but maybe trouble if some punk saw you walking around and didn't know you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Appreciate the replies, and glad to hear that things are status quo in New Springville.

I now live in the Carolina's, and I like the Carolina's, but I do get homesick for the Island every so often. Outside of the Island, there is no place i'd consider returning to...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City