Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 07:35 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,394,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2ATL2NY View Post
I know transit is got there hands full with the 2 ave subway but I was doing some random
Reading on wikipedia and Was wondering how feasible would it be to do it and BAM! It hit me.
According to wiki the upper level E tunnel extends some 2000 feet south toward the Atlantic branch of the LIRR
and is actually below the branch! I know the LIRR sends alot of trains to babylon,long beach,and Far rock along this branch but I reccomned MTA buying that entire corridor from LIRR and convering it to subway use such as
Was done with the Dyre ave branch of the 5 line. (Even tho that ROW was abandoned) but those displaced trains can use the st albans corridor of the same capacity just further east.

I think the line should be 3 tracks to allow for peak direction service and to obviously speed up the ride in considering the distance. Now since trains already have been running thru there for decades there shouldnt be any b****** about the noise or frequency of trains becuase they should be used it as far as the folks along the
Immeadiate route.

7 New stations as follows:

108/109 Aves
Linden Blvd
Foch Blvd
Baisley Blvd-N Rochdale
Farmers blvd-S Rochdale (current site of lirr locust manor stop)
Laurelton-225 St (luarelton lirr stop)
Rosedale-Francis Lewis blvd (rosedale lirr stop)

Considering that this was the plan in the 70s following the construction of rochdale village that holds some
25,000 people it really needs to be looked at again. The lirr does its justice...for those who can afford it.
But how about the majority who cant and this the low frequencies of the lirr trains that do stop at those 3 stations. Its a transit desert out there and its comtains over 100-200k people who currently rely on the longg bus rides to jamaica and those nasty A** dollar vans. It also takes the pressure of those buses converging at Jamaica.

As to building an Entirely new subway or EL along Merrick blvd and cuasing all that disruption I think the MTA could pull this off for relatively "cheap". The most expense would be the portal from
Subway to elevated around the york city college vicinity. Good thoughts welcomed
In a perfect world the 7 could be extended to northeastern Queens

C/E train extended to southeast Queens

F train extended to Queens Village.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 07:36 PM

Oh yea the N/W extended to the LaGuardia. And create a peak direction express for N/W.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:50 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,125,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadfrw View Post
Instead of the LIRR ROW, what the MTA can do is one of the following:
1. Extend the (E) to Locust Manor as a Subway mostly via Guy R. Brewer Blvd.
2. Extend the (Z) to Rosedale above the LIRR Right of Way separating from the (J) at Sutphin/Archer as the (J) is extended East to Queens Village and Glen Oaks.
3. Start a new MTA Light Rail service along the LIRR Right of Way tracks every 15 minutes with some LIRR trains used and honoring Light Rail tickets.
I'd rather see the (F) be the one to go to Queens Village. The (Z) is literally just extra (J) service (those (Z) trains either head back to Broadway Junction or Jamaica/Broad Street as (J) trains when they're done with their trip)

Also, the Hillside Avenue branch has express tracks and the 179th Street terminal has high capacity, so the (F) was designed to be extended further out.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:31 PM

34,003 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Ha

All pipe dreams

We have been all duped.

New York State is all about squeezing blood out of a stone

What makes any of you think they have our best interests.

Lottery apartments people hoping on...

It's bull****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have the $5?

We aint talking about Christmas tree tracks that go around the tree

We talking about paying people $180 an hour

FOH

We're all suckers.

Lottery MoD

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-22-2018, 06:02 PM

13 posts, read 23,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
I'd rather see the (F) be the one to go to Queens Village. The (Z) is literally just extra (J) service (those (Z) trains either head back to Broadway Junction or Jamaica/Broad Street as (J) trains when they're done with their trip)

Also, the Hillside Avenue branch has express tracks and the 179th Street terminal has high capacity, so the (F) was designed to be extended further out.
The (F) to Queens Village and Floral Park is agreed upon. It is just the Central-Eastern Queens residents need the connection to the (J) for Brooklyn service.

I'm not for the (E) train to extend any further than Locust Manor, even though the tunnel is built that way. It's ridership base is between Jamaica Center and World Trade Center with most customers riding either between Jamaica Center and Midtown (either Penn Station or 42nd Street - Port Authority), or Kew Gardens and Lower Manhattan (World Trade Center), as folks in Jamaica looking for Lower Manhattan have a tendency to use the (J)/(Z) trains, and transfer to the (A) at Broadway Junction.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadfrw View Post
The (F) to Queens Village and Floral Park is agreed upon. It is just the Central-Eastern Queens residents need the connection to the (J) for Brooklyn service.

I'm not for the (E) train to extend any further than Locust Manor, even though the tunnel is built that way. It's ridership base is between Jamaica Center and World Trade Center with most customers riding either between Jamaica Center and Midtown (either Penn Station or 42nd Street - Port Authority), or Kew Gardens and Lower Manhattan (World Trade Center), as folks in Jamaica looking for Lower Manhattan have a tendency to use the (J)/(Z) trains, and transfer to the (A) at Broadway Junction.
Flora Park is part of Nassau isn’t it?

Old 02-23-2018, 10:27 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,118 times
The remaining white flight residents, and newcomers with good jobs,that were settling in, did not want low income or strangers of other parts of NYC just showing up. Let's keep it to ourselves is the philosophy.

The bus sucks! Yes, there should be a train service down hillside avenue to little neck parkway, and another down Jamaica avenue. Make a split going north and south along Francis Lewis Blvd ,going as far south as it can.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
The remaining white flight residents, and newcomers with good jobs,that were settling in, did not want low income or strangers of other parts of NYC just showing up. Let's keep it to ourselves is the philosophy.

The bus sucks! Yes, there should be a train service down hillside avenue to little neck parkway, and another down Jamaica avenue. Make a split going north and south along Francis Lewis Blvd ,going as far south as it can.
Or add BRT!

Old 02-24-2018, 07:28 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,118 times
One can look all over Queens, and say put it here, but those people in 2 fare zones enjoy their quiet.

Queens Blvd south on woodhaven Blvd, all the way past Jamaica avenue, all the way to Rockaway Blvd, j,z,a transfer.

Another would be to follow the cross islandparkway, the the lie,to connect at Citi field.

The obvious choice is to stream line LIRR service , more trains during peak. Mta fares.

I wonder how that airtrain over the vanwyck is doing. It will reach LaGuardia by 2020.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:56 AM

I wish we did have a train running over a highway like they do in Chicago. Wish Van Wyck was the one since it’s a pretty direct expressway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City