U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 02:02 PM

191 posts, read 194,964 times

Advertisements

So if the rule of 3, one gets the job (assuming they qualify) then and the other 2 that didn't get the job have the opportunity to interview again will it be either one of the two who get hired next if they are qualified?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 03:32 PM

4 posts, read 4,011 times
It goes usually 1 out of our 3 get the job. Meaning the other two may have gotten another job and the other one may have not accepted it or got DQ

Old 01-17-2017, 09:09 AM

32 posts, read 22,436 times
I didn't say they were disqualified. I put in a previous post that you go back in a hiring pool and too make the list smaller people do not qualify are disqualified. Which makes the list smaller.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:13 AM

Something they don't even do 1 and 3. Sometimes. It 50 people and like 3 jobs. Depends on how many people that agency needs. The only agencies that hire hundreds at a time are correction officers and police etc. civilians jobs hire low real low.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:27 AM

4 posts, read 4,011 times
What's the point of being on the list if when they reach ur number they don't even hire you? The whole point of a list is to reach ur number n get hired if qualified

Old 01-19-2017, 07:46 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,063,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewememewe View Post
What's the point of being on the list if when they reach ur number they don't even hire you? The whole point of a list is to reach ur number n get hired if qualified
The point of the list is so that government can say you weren't hired because you knew someone....nespotism. It isn't a guaranteed hiring list.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:34 AM

563 posts, read 462,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewememewe View Post
U will be hired if they reach ur #. Unless they don't reach it after 4 years..
1 in 3 rule really doesn't apply to LEO/CO titles since their qualifiications are all same... 60 Credits and job descriptions starts same.

OSA Union:
"Some words about the "One-In-Three Rule." An agency does not have to appoint every successful candidate. When the agency "considers" candidates whose list numbers are #1, 2 and 3 for the first job, the agency can select the best of the "one-in-three."

If the agency gives that first appointment to the candidate whose list number is list #1, numbers 2 and 3 are marked "CNS" or considered but not selected. If a second job is available, list #s 2, 3, and 4 must be considered. If #2 is chosen, #3 has been considered but not selected twice and #4, once.

When a third position is offered, #3, 4 and 5 are considered, but if the job goes to candidate #4, candidate #3 has been considered but not selected three times. His or her name is removed from the list for any future consideration. The agency can (but does not have to) grant a candidate's written request for later restoration to the list. On the other hand, you remain eligible to be called from the list at all other City agencies." (OSA Union)

Old 01-20-2017, 04:43 PM

That rule is just for the city to say they went through the list. They hire nobody until the damn list is over and sometime do a mass hire like they did tome. I waited three years and even forget I was on the list. Lol after I gave my documents to dcas a city agency called me in a year

Old 02-13-2017, 02:35 PM

9 posts, read 13,296 times
Anyone have any idea where they are on the list? I did not attend a pool that was about a month ago. I guess DCAS has not gotten around to taking my name off the list cause I just received two more hiring pool letters. Won't be going to these as well, I decided to wait a couple month, have my name restored, and then attend the pools again. Burning through too many vacation days attending previous hiring pools, to not even get interviewed no less. If one currently has a job, they need to have a very lenient employer to be able to attend all of these hiring pools.

*Forgot I still had a subscription with the chief with provides the following:

From List 6007: 36 eligibles between Nos. 18 and 74 to replace 1 provisional in Department of Citywide Administrative Services and 4 provisionals in Department of Transportation, and 73 eligibles between Nos. 18 and 131 for 2 jobs in Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

Am 72 so am part of that first group of 74 but there still at least 34 people ahead me.

Last edited by nymfan718; 02-13-2017 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Found additional information

Old 02-13-2017, 07:47 PM

563 posts, read 462,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymfan718 View Post
Anyone have any idea where they are on the list? I did not attend a pool that was about a month ago. I guess DCAS has not gotten around to taking my name off the list cause I just received two more hiring pool letters. Won't be going to these as well, I decided to wait a couple month, have my name restored, and then attend the pools again. Burning through too many vacation days attending previous hiring pools, to not even get interviewed no less. If one currently has a job, they need to have a very lenient employer to be able to attend all of these hiring pools.

*Forgot I still had a subscription with the chief with provides the following:

From List 6007: 36 eligibles between Nos. 18 and 74 to replace 1 provisional in Department of Citywide Administrative Services and 4 provisionals in Department of Transportation, and 73 eligibles between Nos. 18 and 131 for 2 jobs in Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

Am 72 so am part of that first group of 74 but there still at least 34 people ahead me.
not sure, the DCAS Hotline doesn't specifly that yet,
If u getta letter for Pool means there is position open, most likely a position that needs to be filled ASAP.
If u don't get interviewed on the day, u will get called back for another pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City