U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2017, 09:56 AM

387 posts, read 327,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly36 View Post
Yes, at least this is listed on the NYC housing connect for 435 West 31 St
Darn. The reason I am asking (and wondering for the others too) is because for most lotteries, I don't fall within the income bracket anymore (due to a tiny raise) BUT i was surprised when I got called for another lottery (that I applied to pre-raise) and when they e-mailed me to verify my interview date & documents I needed to bring, they also attached the new income limits & I was able to attend the interview.

So if any of these lotteries change their income max, I am hoping to get a chance LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 02:31 PM

58 posts, read 57,382 times
Quote:
That sucks! Especially if she said she'd get that done on her side. When was your interview? Was it for 435 west 31 St building?
Yes it was for 435 West 31. My interview was the last week of June.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:28 PM

110 posts, read 113,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picuco View Post
Yes it was for 435 West 31. My interview was the last week of June.
Do you have a CB priority or city employee? I have no priority, log number 6** and interview was 07/26. The paperwork is all submitted, unless Brianna now tells me I am missing something

Old 08-04-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Do you have a CB priority or city employee? I have no priority, log number 6** and interview was 07/26. The paperwork is all submitted, unless Brianna now tells me I am missing something
I'm not sure if I have CB priority. Is that priority of area? I only live less than 30 blocks away so, maybe? I'm very new to all this information. My log is 61,xxx. My recommendation to you regarding Brianna is to be in constant communication with her about having all the paperwork needed. She might tell you yes then have a second look at your file and notice something missing but she won't call you. She'll just send you a rejection letter that you'll have to appeal. It's really unfair. Hope you have better luck than I did!

Old 08-04-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Just looked info on cb preference. I'm in cb 4 so yes I have preference. Is it 50% of apts to people with cb preference?

Old 08-05-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picuco View Post
Just looked info on cb preference. I'm in cb 4 so yes I have preference. Is it 50% of apts to people with cb preference?
Yes, they are first going with CB4 people, 50% of apts will belong to them, then going to ppl like me with no preference.. You log number is high but you have preference, that's why I am invited after you with log number of 6** bc of no preference. I am new to this too (first lottery ever) but I've been reading stuff on here so figured this is the way they do things.

At the interview, Brianna gave me interview information sheet and what she said was missing were verification forms from employers. Those were submitted 5 days after and she confirmed she received them. Now, it would be a real shocker to receive the rejection letter stating something else was missing... but I wouldn't be surprised since it did happen to you. And yes, it is a good idea to follow up with her asking if there is anything else missing - thank you! Please keep me posted on everything that happens next with you and your case

Old 08-05-2017, 11:31 AM

I never got called and I work for the city ☹️

Old 08-05-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
Darn. The reason I am asking (and wondering for the others too) is because for most lotteries, I don't fall within the income bracket anymore (due to a tiny raise) BUT i was surprised when I got called for another lottery (that I applied to pre-raise) and when they e-mailed me to verify my interview date & documents I needed to bring, they also attached the new income limits & I was able to attend the interview.

So if any of these lotteries change their income max, I am hoping to get a chance LOL
Maybe because of your income bracket listed on the application

Old 08-05-2017, 11:53 AM

Ooooh right right. I guess it hasn't changed. Lol

Old 08-05-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
Ooooh right right. I guess it hasn't changed. Lol
Btw, I see in another thread you were asked to submit landlord verification form. What is all that about? isn't lease and landlord's number just enough? I only gave that at the interview and my interviewer said that is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or