U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2017, 12:01 PM

58 posts, read 57,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly36 View Post

At the interview, Brianna gave me interview information sheet and what she said was missing were verification forms from employers. Those were submitted 5 days after and she confirmed she received them. Now, it would be a real shocker to receive the rejection letter stating something else was missing... but I wouldn't be surprised since it did happen to you. And yes, it is a good idea to follow up with her asking if there is anything else missing - thank you! Please keep me posted on everything that happens next with you and your case
It's been 3 weeks since my appeal and I still haven't heard back. I think if you were able to get all the paperwork you should be good. I wasn't able to get the verification form from my bank which I was told wasn't a problem because she can get that on her side but I still got a rejection letter. you seemed to have been able to get all the forms so it would be a real shocker like you said. A follow up call wouldn't hurt though!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Yup! Thank you, will do that! Are you also in the process with another building? Also with Breaking Ground or a different company?
Yes I'm in the process with Henry Hall on 38th st. They're not with breaking ground, not sure who they are since they don't disclose it. Money orders are made to Settlement Housing Fund.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:16 PM

110 posts, read 113,285 times
Another question: when do they do credit check? When they collect all the paperwork? Like, two weeks after the interview approx?

Old 08-07-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Another question: when do they do credit check? When they collect all the paperwork? Like, two weeks after the interview approx?
After you turn in all your paperwork they will check your credit. After that they take care of verification forms which may take several weeks.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picuco View Post
After you turn in all your paperwork they will check your credit. After that they take care of verification forms which may take several weeks.
Thanks! Did they check your credit before sending you the rejection letter for missing the bank statement? or they did not because they considered your paperwork not to be completed bc of that bank letter?

Old 08-07-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks! Did they check your credit before sending you the rejection letter for missing the bank statement? or they did not because they considered your paperwork not to be completed bc of that bank letter?
I apologize, I confused this with another building with a different leasing company. For Breaking Ground they do credit check AFTER verification forms are submitted. But don't worry about it. On my interview Brianna told me that breaking ground cannot reject any application in the basis of bad credit.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picuco View Post
I apologize, I confused this with another building with a different leasing company. For Breaking Ground they do credit check AFTER verification forms are submitted. But don't worry about it. On my interview Brianna told me that breaking ground cannot reject any application in the basis of bad credit.
My credit is 770. Not worried at all.. just wanted to know the timing and when they are checking it $ the way to find out.. will it show as an inquiry on credit karma?

Old 08-07-2017, 02:14 PM

387 posts, read 327,474 times
Quote:
My credit is 770. Not worried at all.. just wanted to know the timing and when they are checking it $ the way to find out.. will it show as an inquiry on credit karma?
Yes it will show up on credit karma as inquiry. as long as you don't have any large debt or something in collections you should be fine - it seems like you're good to go.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
Yes it will show up on credit karma as inquiry. as long as you don't have any large debt or something in collections you should be fine - it seems like you're good to go.
No debt at all and excellent credit. All paperwork has been submitted, including verification letters from my employer and seasonal employer. But I do not see my credit being check yet. I also don't have any preference. I more concerned they can reject me telling me something is/was missing, no available apartments or any kind of reasons I read on this forum

Old 08-07-2017, 02:36 PM

387 posts, read 327,474 times
I mean, nothing is for certain & just because you got an interview doesn't mean you will get an apartment for sure, so keep that in mind. I know for the lottery I am in, Im still waiting for verifications - not sure who sent what back (IRS, bank & HR), but the person who interviewed me said that I am still eligible to move forward but right now they are processing those w/ lower log #'s (I had emailed her 2 weeks after my interview lol).

I guess once they get to your log # and they have all the paperwork (which it seems like they already do), then they will check your credit. I heard horror stories about BG so be on top of them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or