U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-02-2017, 11:51 AM
 
58 posts, read 57,382 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly36 View Post
I will. I have it all. It certainly shows more income on the paper/on my pay stuybs, PLUS with cash deposits I reported as income as well -It is certainly OVER the minimum requirement, no way it is under! I am completely shocked by this calculation.

Someone told me in DM on this forum: 'Don't waste time to trying to make sense of it all because it doesn't make sense.' I get it now. But it is hard not to think about it. What I am also not understanding is being told by my income specialist I qualify on the spot, collecting all verification forms, having her contacting me for more explanations, checking my credit two weeks after and sending my file to the Leasing.. Then Leasing Specialist asking more questions about other nonsense (never about paystubs or income) just to be rejected based on income 6 weeks after, without any explanation! I did not submit any documents that show income changed - same paystubs. Why wasn't I rejected on the spot immediately, or at least two weeks after if those same paystybs showed that I do not qualify!? Because it was clear that I DO QUALIFY! It is ridiculous! I'd understand someone being rejected later on, if your file is sitting there for 120 days and the new documents show change of income. But those were my newest pay stubs, nothing changed since the interview.

Per Marketing Guidelines Handbook, your money order can be cashed and credit checked ONLY if you appear to qualify! So why the hell did they checked it? Why not reject me immediately and return my money order!?

Per Marketing Guidelines, also they need to give an explanation of their calculation. There is no explanation on the letter whatsoever, just the number $34.729.16! HOW?! WHERE DID IT COME FROM!? Also, no signature or initial of the person who rejected me. It is an empty 2nd page of the rejection letter! Is this normal!?

I am so pissed off you guys have no idea!
I hear you! Since you already have a leasing specialist, maybe you should call him and ask him to explain calculations. I think the way they do it with pay stubs is they calculate average of six weeks and then multiply that by 52 weeks in a calendar year. If you can't get the through with the leasing specialist you could try get in touch with his supervisor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-02-2017, 12:08 PM
 
110 posts, read 113,521 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picuco View Post
I hear you! Since you already have a leasing specialist, maybe you should call him and ask him to explain calculations. I think the way they do it with pay stubs is they calculate average of six weeks and then multiply that by 52 weeks in a calendar year. If you can't get the through with the leasing specialist you could try get in touch with his supervisor.
That is exactly how I calculated it and I am still OVER what they calculated. However I calculate I am over. Brianna calculated it in front of me and it was fine. It's Labor Day on Monday, so I will do what you suggested on Tuesday. His name is Ben, but there is no signature on the rejection letter. I am assuming it did come from him. If he doesn't pick up, how do I find out who his supervisor is? These people never pick up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2017, 12:20 PM
 
58 posts, read 57,382 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly36 View Post
That is exactly how I calculated it and I am still OVER what they calculated. However I calculate I am over. Brianna calculated it in front of me and it was fine. It's Labor Day on Monday, so I will do what you suggested on Tuesday. His name is Ben, but there is no signature on the rejection letter. I am assuming it did come from him. If he doesn't pick up, how do I find out who his supervisor is? These people never pick up.
When my leasing specialist wasn't picking up I went to the offices with the paperwork and asked for him. They told me he wasn't there, so I asked to speak to his supervisor, who was there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2017, 12:28 PM
 
110 posts, read 113,521 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picuco View Post
When my leasing specialist wasn't picking up I went to the offices with the paperwork and asked for him. They told me he wasn't there, so I asked to speak to his supervisor, who was there.
Thanks! I may just do that on Tuesday! I still will have to appeal regardless even if he explains how the calculation happened, correct? They can't change their mind on the spot if I prove them otherwise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2017, 04:00 PM
 
58 posts, read 57,382 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly36 View Post
Thanks! I may just do that on Tuesday! I still will have to appeal regardless even if he explains how the calculation happened, correct? They can't change their mind on the spot if I prove them otherwise?
No idea if you'll be able to skip the appeal time, but it's worth a try!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2017, 05:29 PM
 
387 posts, read 327,886 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picuco View Post
No idea if you'll be able to skip the appeal time, but it's worth a try!
I don't think you can do that, as per the manual and I wouldn't trust it either. Try to talk to them regardless but have your appeal already written with the proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2017, 05:35 PM
 
387 posts, read 327,886 times
Reputation: 63
But wait, I'm confused lol

You said when they did the calculations in front of you, everything checked out fine and you qualified, aren't they suppose to take the highest amount REGARDLESS????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2017, 06:02 PM
 
110 posts, read 113,521 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
But wait, I'm confused lol

You said when they did the calculations in front of you, everything checked out fine and you qualified, aren't they suppose to take the highest amount REGARDLESS????
Previous years income was less $ anyway, but she didn't look at that at all. The one she calculated was the current income based on my pay stubs in the last 6 months... and I know for a fact this year income (and therefore projected income) is the highest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2017, 09:32 PM
 
387 posts, read 327,886 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly36 View Post
Previous years income was less $ anyway, but she didn't look at that at all. The one she calculated was the current income based on my pay stubs in the last 6 months... and I know for a fact this year income (and therefore projected income) is the highest.
Yeah they are playing games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2017, 11:55 PM
 
58 posts, read 57,382 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly36 View Post
Previous years income was less $ anyway, but she didn't look at that at all. The one she calculated was the current income based on my pay stubs in the last 6 months... and I know for a fact this year income (and therefore projected income) is the highest.
If you're a freelancer or self employed I think they calculate income by averaging the last three tax returns. Would that give you the number they got?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top