Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 04:17 PM

30 posts, read 67,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy_perry View Post
They called me in to interview for EOS with a log of near 15k without CB. I thought it was a mistake and I asked them during the interview and they said it wasn't. If nearly 15k people are getting rejected for 50 something apartments that's a problem. Their standards are way too high compared to other places I've interviewed at. And that landlord form is annoying to fill out, especially if your landlord is corrupt and you don't have a good relationship with her because she's sneaky with charging more rent and you threatened to take her to cort
Know the feeling, I truly wish you the best of luck and I hope you get the apartment! Keep trying, hopefully soon you'll sign a lease
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 04:28 PM

78 posts, read 233,930 times
This is really discouraging news coming from Breaking Ground. This lottery process is so stressful and when you think you are at the finish line, it's totally something different. I'm just praying everything goes well bc I also asked the interviewer if there is a possibility of being waitlisted after approval. Nothing is certain until you sign the lease and get the keys!

Old 02-08-2017, 04:40 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,842,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat0303 View Post
This is really discouraging news coming from Breaking Ground. This lottery process is so stressful and when you think you are at the finish line, it's totally something different. I'm just praying everything goes well bc I also asked the interviewer if there is a possibility of being waitlisted after approval. Nothing is certain until you sign the lease and get the keys!
What interviewer?

Old 02-08-2017, 05:20 PM

78 posts, read 233,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
What interviewer?
Developers hire management companies to handle the interview process. I was referring to my interviewer for my affordable housing application.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:25 PM

30 posts, read 67,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat0303 View Post
Developers hire management companies to handle the interview process. I was referring to my interviewer for my affordable housing application.
Which building did you get called in for?

Old 02-08-2017, 06:44 PM

91 posts, read 177,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evazdivaz View Post
Which building did you get called in for?
I have no idea why they call thousands of peoples for 50 something apartments and they they reject them all for sorry we already filled all the apartments, thats kind of stupid system.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:07 AM

125 posts, read 363,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evazdivaz View Post
Know the feeling, I truly wish you the best of luck and I hope you get the apartment! Keep trying, hopefully soon you'll sign a lease

Thanks, I wish the best for you and your family as well!

Old 02-10-2017, 08:08 AM

125 posts, read 363,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlch View Post
I have no idea why they call thousands of peoples for 50 something apartments and they they reject them all for sorry we already filled all the apartments, thats kind of stupid system.
It really is

Old 02-12-2017, 10:44 AM

91 posts, read 177,939 times
Does anyone know what is the limits on personal assets? Long time ago it was 200K

Old 02-12-2017, 11:01 AM

207 posts, read 355,332 times
It depends on the project but typically cannot be more than 55k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery