Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2017, 03:57 PM

110 posts, read 176,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessy76 View Post
true but when i applied i was in the limit, only few months ago changed
They will project the next 12 months, as I mentioned.. and will take the highest amount. It does not matter what you were making at the time you applied, unless your previous tax returns show the highest amount.
Your recent 6 months pay stubs matter the most. However, you should go and try your luck. Bring $25 money order.

Also, keep in mind that maximum income limit has changed. It is different than on the website. I know this because they sent me a letter with the new income brackets when I was rejected:

Studio:
1 person ($32,640 - $40,080)

One Bedroom:
1 person ($34,972 - $40,080)
2 people ($34,972 - $45, 840)

If it's only you, and you don't make more than $40,080 NOW, you may still qualify. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn154 View Post
I'm honestly still nervous. I have an interview on the 27th and I have no credit, nor to I owe money to anyone. I meet the income, and have all my papers. It's just the credit part I'm worried about.
How did the interview go?

Old 09-28-2017, 05:25 PM

74 posts, read 83,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly36 View Post
How did the interview go?
So I went yesterday and on the paper that was mailed to my house said only bring the documents that are checked off the list, which was a copy of your SS, Birth certificate, ID, and $25 money order. I've only brought those, and the lady said I needed to bring the other documents. I've showed her mines stating that it only said these 4 things. She postponed the interview to the 4. It's ok though, now I have time to bring all of the documents, ans hopefully nail this interview in one go. It's been awhile since I've been this stressed, but I know this'll all be worth it in the end. The same for all of us. We're all fighting the same battle, so just hang in there, guys. Good luck to you all.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:22 AM

6 posts, read 13,253 times
Quote:
They will project the next 12 months, as I mentioned.. and will take the highest amount. It does not matter what you were making at the time you applied, unless your previous tax returns show the highest amount.
Your recent 6 months pay stubs matter the most. However, you should go and try your luck. Bring $25 money order.

Also, keep in mind that maximum income limit has changed. It is different than on the website. I know this because they sent me a letter with the new income brackets when I was rejected:

Studio:
1 person ($32,640 - $40,080)

One Bedroom:
1 person ($34,972 - $40,080)
2 people ($34,972 - $45, 840)

If it's only you, and you don't make more than $40,080 NOW, you may still qualify. Good luck!

I got rejected. Too bad.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessy76 View Post
I got rejected. Too bad.
Sorry to hear Did they reject you on the spot or you received rejection letter after the interview?

Old 10-03-2017, 12:32 PM

I have an interview tomorrow. I've got what I could bring. I'll keep you all up to date on what happens after.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:51 PM

387 posts, read 556,594 times
Good luck Quinn!!

Sorry to hear, Jessy! There's plenty of new lotteries with higher incomes - don't lose hope!

Old 10-04-2017, 10:30 AM

So, I've just came out of the interview. They only took my 6 paystubs and said I was income eligible. They also said that there were only 4 units left. I'm assuming it's for 1 bedroom apartments. So she said I had to go on the waiting list. She then said that the log numbers didn't even past 2000 yet, but my log number us in the 4000's and I still got called. I don't know, it feels like I've got played or something. They didn't ask for additional paperwork either

Old 10-04-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn154 View Post
So, I've just came out of the interview. They only took my 6 paystubs and said I was income eligible. They also said that there were only 4 units left. I'm assuming it's for 1 bedroom apartments. So she said I had to go on the waiting list. She then said that the log numbers didn't even past 2000 yet, but my log number us in the 4000's and I still got called. I don't know, it feels like I've got played or something. They didn't ask for additional paperwork either
No tax returns, employer and landlord verification letter, bank asset form? They didn't ask any of these from you?? Weird. My log is 6** , I know they have received my appeal because I received email saying that my file is under review and should be hearing back within coming days. That was September 20th and no word yet. Where did all the apartments go I wonder... it was plenty left just a month ago

Old 10-04-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
No tax returns, employer and landlord verification letter, bank asset form? They didn't ask any of these from you?? Weird. My log is 6** , I know they have received my appeal because I received email saying that my file is under review and should be hearing back within coming days. That was September 20th and no word yet. Where did all the apartments go I wonder... it was plenty left just a month ago
I've brought a lot of documents and they've only asked to see my paystubs, then sent me on my way saying I've been placed on the waiting list. Something really fishy is going on. This definitely isn't right at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery