U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 11:39 PM

64 posts, read 64,230 times

Advertisements

Your best bet is to call 311 and they can put you in touch with the folks at HPD,
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 10:32 AM

1,007 posts, read 581,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga1 View Post
As many of you are aware, Breaking Ground serves as the Marketing agent and processes the applications for some of the housing lotteries.
Have any of you dealt with them ? Are they pretty straightforward or do they prolong the process ? Personal experiences and any insight to how they operate would be appreciated !
This is not entirely accurate.

The are a social housing agency that builds and operates affordable housing buildings that target homeless individuals and low-income working families. They also have a building for aging out of foster care youth, and for people with HIV.

Some of there buildings that they have built are "The Brook" and "The Lee"

Old 07-09-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
My appeal is 2 months old as of this writing and still being "processed". Purportedly, the person (the ONE person) who was handling appeals quit so we'll get a decision in a "...couple of weeks..." So I've basically been wait-listed and, in effect, have been denied despite Marketing Handbook HPD guidelines.
You need to call 311 .so they can put you in touch with HPD

Old 08-21-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
This is not entirely accurate.

The are a social housing agency that builds and operates affordable housing buildings that target homeless individuals and low-income working families. They also have a building for aging out of foster care youth, and for people with HIV.

Some of there buildings that they have built are "The Brook" and "The Lee"
Breaking Ground is a marketing agent for some of the buildings in the lottery,yet the also own apartment buildings also. They do the lottery ,for the added income it brings in for B.G, but I think they suck at this lottery management.they tend to not follow the rules .and lie like GOP member sitting next to Rump

Old 08-21-2017, 06:20 AM

1,071 posts, read 436,216 times
They are a sh*t show, I'm dealing with them now. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
They are a sh*t show, I'm dealing with them now. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.
Hey I know of your pain so well,if you are having trouble call 311 and they can put you in touch with the folks whom are assigned to monitor the agent and own of this building or any of the marketing agent for all lottery apartment

Old 08-21-2017, 06:38 AM

1,071 posts, read 436,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noirkervin View Post
Hey I know of your pain so well,if you are having trouble call 311 and they can put you in touch with the folks whom are assigned to monitor the agent and own of this building or any of the marketing agent for all lottery apartment
Thanks I already have HDC involved (long story) but currently waiting on next steps.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:07 AM

32 posts, read 11,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbc1963 View Post
Turned me down for supportive housing because of my credit. They did such a thorough--too invasive I thought--investigation of my finances for their supportive housing sites which I thought was a bit of a ripoff.
If you dont mind me asking, what was on your credit that made them deny you?

Old 09-07-2018, 11:36 AM

559 posts, read 220,657 times
They are the WORST.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:45 AM

138 posts, read 69,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
They are the WORST.
I second that. Been waiting for a unit assignment for almost 2 months. My file was approved and all they can say is we’re working in log order. Meanwhile people with higher logs have already viewed and been sent to HPD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City