U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 02:59 PM

173 posts, read 355,860 times

Advertisements

Ok I will also try on Tuesday as well.when is a good time to call cuz I need some kind of update. At least a ok the city approved me something the last I spoke to the supervisor she needed a paystub to match my employer verification amount. I sent it that same day within minutes and then I was told they would call me back. Never called me that's when I called for the past 2 weeks no answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 03:11 PM

18 posts, read 13,995 times
They did the same to me with the last piece I turned in. She said everything fine but they needed final approval which only one person in the office could handle and she was on vacation at the time. I never heard from them after that and that was a month ago. Before then, everything was going well. I usually call around 10 am and never after 12pm. I live close by so I've been monortoring the area a little 🙈

Old 12-25-2016, 03:32 PM

Ok good to know. Thanks for that advice. It seems like if things weren't going to work out I feel like we would know by now for the most part. And silly me I picked mail for my method of communication so I won't know as fast as email. I just hope whatever is sent out next is to that were approved and come sign a lease and move in. I got to renew my current lease soon don't want to do it and I don't have to you know. I'm just glad to know someone else is waiting for the same lottery.

Old 12-25-2016, 03:37 PM

Yes, I am so glad you posted because I kept searching and it seemed like no one else had applied. I also think that by now if it were a no we'd know. I'm just nervous and eager all at the same time. I think we'll hear something relatively soon. Hopefully this week. Can you ask the landlord where you are to do a month by month lease just in case?

Old 12-25-2016, 03:39 PM

I selected email for communication but they mail mine anyway in the regular mail also. And the one time I was contacted by them they just called for what they needed. All other times I called them.

Old 12-25-2016, 03:48 PM

It's Nycha so I can't it's due the first week of January. At least they called you. I just happened to call them to check the status cuz my interview letter period was from Nov 16 and ended December 2nd so I called on like the 8 and that's whenough she told me about the paystub . I didn't want to delay so I sent it right away. She assured me that she would call but they didn't. I picked the first day of the interview too.

Old 12-25-2016, 03:53 PM

Oh I see, I'd call them for sure Tuesday and say just that. You're really interested in the apartment and need to know something in order to avoid signing a new lease. They won't want to miss out on a candidate that they've already screened. As much as we want to move, they also need tenants so that they can start to make a profit off of the building so they won't want to lose out on a prospective tenant.

Old 12-25-2016, 04:25 PM

Yes definitely I will definitely update on Tuesday. I am off next week so I will make sure to call at 10 am on Tuesday.

Old 12-25-2016, 04:47 PM

Ok good luck! I'll update you as well. I'm off too thank goodness!

Old 01-12-2017, 01:11 PM

32 posts, read 38,688 times
Hey!

They just called me to let know that HDC requested two more paystubs. I faxed it right over to her.. The wait is killing me but the bright side is that at least HDC has my file under review sooo just keeping hope...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or