U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 10:13 PM

18 posts, read 13,948 times

Advertisements

Congrats to all of those who have received good news!!! I interviewed in October but never heard much of anything other than confirming apartment size and making sure that I knew I had to pay market rate rent. I never received direct answers and at times it was like pulling teeth. I couldn't even get a straight answer about viewing an apartment. The last I was told they said they were dealing with applicants who interviewed back in September. Not being one to live on edge or force things I've decided to back off this and look into saving more and possibly relocating. But I will still update everyone if I should hear anything. Trinigirl don't worry they'll call you soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 07:42 AM

8 posts, read 4,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinigirl568 View Post
Well October Is a good sign November should be next. I hope they call me before the first of the month. Again congratulations. Are the two bedrooms nice. Can't wait to hopefully see an apartment soon wish they would post pictures. It just seems so slow. Good to know about the deposits. Well hopefully we will all be neighbors on here
Hey yes the two bedroom is beautiful they are a good size i loved everything even the bathroom lol yes this process is so long hopefully the call me this week with hdc approval you should call & follow up

Old 02-12-2017, 06:49 AM

173 posts, read 354,621 times
I am done calling the last time I went to drop off a letter they pretty much told me moving forward in would get a call or a letter. This process has been so long especially if your interview was in September October and November. I really would like a more timely response especially when deposits and moving are not cheap. If in gonna move in need to have a better plan. I haven't received anything yet but getting information from them is like @Bronxite9 " pulling teeth". Then it seems like when they call you you have to be ready ASAP. After all this anxiety of waiting. No news is good news is guess. I got my current housing situation and I don't want to put my money for next month's rent if I don't have to. Look at the situation with the lady who had to push back her move in date cuz they don't think about the reality of real life we don't live on their time. People may have to break their lease or make sure they have their deposits. I just hope they call me this week cuz march 1 is right there.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:52 AM

Also when I call 99% of the time they don't answer that's why I said I'm done

Old 02-12-2017, 09:38 AM

8 posts, read 4,594 times
Quote:
I am done calling the last time I went to drop off a letter they pretty much told me moving forward in would get a call or a letter. This process has been so long especially if your interview was in September October and November. I really would like a more timely response especially when deposits and moving are not cheap. If in gonna move in need to have a better plan. I haven't received anything yet but getting information from them is like @Bronxite9 " pulling teeth". Then it seems like when they call you you have to be ready ASAP. After all this anxiety of waiting. No news is good news is guess. I got my current housing situation and I don't want to put my money for next month's rent if I don't have to. Look at the situation with the lady who had to push back her move in date cuz they don't think about the reality of real life we don't live on their time. People may have to break their lease or make sure they have their deposits. I just hope they call me this week cuz march 1 is right there.
Yes I agree its hard since the day I seen the apartment they gave me a two week potential move in date my first thought was money but I immediately went and filed my taxes I haven't told my landlord anything because through the post I have read anything can go wrong But when I would call and they don't answer I would email them it seems like they respond quicker but hopefully we all hear something really soon!

Old 02-22-2017, 02:19 PM

Hi are there any updates. On the process. I'm still waiting to hear from them.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:22 PM

I got denied for my income being over. So my journey for Morris ends here. Good luck to everyone else

Old 06-16-2017, 12:13 PM

76 posts, read 75,766 times
Quote:
I got denied for my income being over. So my journey for Morris ends here. Good luck to everyone else
Did u get denied from hdc or the management?

Old 06-17-2017, 08:00 PM

53 posts, read 38,686 times
I'm waiting for approval as well its been two weeks now since I have submit documents

Old 06-30-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel89 View Post
Did u get denied from hdc or the management?
I got denied from management
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or