Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 02:30 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastc0ast View Post
Yet I was talking about Brooklyn specifically. And yes I live in sheepshead Bay is that surprising for you because I'm asian? Yet you don't know half the neighborhood is Asian?
I know a lot about Sheepshead Bay. I own an apartment near Kings Highway that I rent out so I'm in Brooklyn quite often. The Asians are relatively newcomers to Brooklyn, especially southern Brooklyn. Ave U is very Asian but if you go just a few blocks way, the very well maintained houses on the quieter streets are almost all Jewish owned. The Russians tend to live in the older apartment buildings. The Asians like to build the newer cookiecutter Fedder buildings but the poor ones will live in any place they can find.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:32 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
Beautiful song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBpYgpF1bqQ

Old 12-17-2016, 02:36 PM

26 posts, read 25,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I know a lot about Sheepshead Bay. I own an apartment near Kings Highway that I rent out so I'm in Brooklyn quite often. The Asians are relatively newcomers to Brooklyn, especially southern Brooklyn. Ave U is very Asian but if you go just a few blocks way, the very well maintained houses on the quieter streets are almost all Jewish owned. The Russians tend to live in the older apartment buildings. The Asians like to build the newer cookiecutter Fedder buildings but the poor ones will live in any place they can find.
Glad I'm not a newcomer, I'm a native. Or being even close to alike to any one of them. And my neighbor is a Chinese man who's been in sheepshead since the 60s.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:37 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Do you think black or Latino people live in the same blocks as neighborhoods such as gravesend, Bensonhurst and Sheepshead? Do you see the quotations around the word white? From miles and miles in Sheepshead Bay and Bensonhurst you won't see one black person. Yet Bensonhurst had a no tolerance policy towards darker skin people for years? Brooklyn is the most segregated city period.
You and this thread is such a waste of time. I feel like I'm talking to a 5 year old. Brooklyn is not a city btw.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:41 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,773 times
Quote:

You just finished telling us that Russians aren't white (which is grossly wrong)
Some Russians are white.
Some look more East Asian.
Others look Middle Eastern.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
You and this thread is such a waste of time. I feel like I'm talking to a 5 year old. Brooklyn is not a city btw.
If you don't think Brooklyn is segregated as hell get your head out of the bubble, the world isn't that friendly.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:45 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Ah. Another ignorant person from JERSEY. Have you even seen a non white or non black person before? You are the most irrelevant thing on this thread. And yes I've yet to seen a Chinese person to live in an apartment or go to a bad college. If you really knew, asians do not exist in apartments. Let's compare New York real estate with Jersey and other generic states. What a joke. LOL
There are many Asians at CUNY, including the two year community colleges with terrible graduation rates.

And if you're Chinese you know the gaokao exam. It's an exam people take in China. Top scorers go to a top university in China for free. Lower scores can go to a mediocre university that they PAY for. Those who score lower go to a bad university that they pay for. Those who score poorly don't get to go to an university and have to get whatever ****ty job.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:49 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,014 times
Quote:
Ah. Another ignorant person from JERSEY. Have you even seen a non white or non black person before? You are the most irrelevant thing on this thread. And yes I've yet to seen a Chinese person to live in an apartment or go to a bad college. If you really knew, asians do not exist in apartments. Let's compare New York real estate with Jersey and other generic states. What a joke. LOL
You must not see many Chinese people then! I grew up in an apartment and I am Chinese. So now you've "met" someone!

Old 12-17-2016, 03:08 PM

34 posts, read 31,775 times
Quote:
Well I'm Chinese, 20, born in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn, and still live in Sheepshead Bay in the same $1.9 million house. To be honest, it is a heavy Russian neighborhood, but majority of them do not have a lot of money, and NONE of them, literally 0%, own a house. They all rent rooms, or have apartments. I still live in the $1.9 million corner house that these Russians harassed me about like, "how did you buy this house?" giving looks like no way an asian can buy this house but at the same time all the Russians live in apartments...They even asked me if they could rent a room in my house.. I was like no. wtf. So why are Chinese people considered lower class to Russian people? You people are not even "white", you do not make a lot of money, and are the most uneducated, lowest income immigrants to reach my property. But I guess because chinese people look different genetically from them, they consider them as worse. I go to Baruch College and my sister goes to Columbia University, best colleges of New York. We both pay for it.. Just stop the bull**** already... I can't stand the lower class because they try to bring me down as well.

"I am not a White Man" inferiority complex detected

Old 12-17-2016, 04:03 PM

Alright I don't care enough anymore for any more replies. Mods can close this thread now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City