Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2017, 08:32 AM

602 posts, read 1,263,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Can you show ua a picture of these lovely hams?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 11:44 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,242,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
You can read other's thoughts? Amazing.

You can equate someone putting their hands into their pockets as racist, that is truly scary. Not only that, you are CERTAIN of their actions and thoughts!
But you can equate everyone as to owning an Iphone? And you can determine that we do not and have not faced both overt and systematic racism as did our fore-bearers?

Yet you deride some one else.....how do you know all of these things genius??

Old 01-15-2017, 08:31 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
I am still waiting for a picture of Jaydata's irresistible rear end (No wallet necessary.)

Old 02-05-2017, 08:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times
Default Yes, it's a kid thing but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Again if ALL Black MALE students were straight A students, most of them still would not become well off because there's only a small number of professional jobs.

Most kids in general cut up, and that's basically public school in general. I've taught disinterested Asian and white kids, and large numbers of young white people do drugs.

As for entertainment, depending on the entertainment can be more important than education. As a former teacher, I would say it's more important to learn how to use social media than reading Shakespeare. These days you don't find jobs in newspapers, instead you apply online and a big part of that is using social media (linkedin) . Even using Facebook and twitter to keep in touch with people can be beneficial for people applying to work.

Drug dealing is quite lucrative, and notice how in many states it has marijuana has become LEGAL!

Keep in mind alcohol, a drug, was made illegal but prohibition did not work out, and now selling booze in various forms makes a lot of money.
Yes, most kids cut up but they don't make a lifestyle out of doing the same thing everyday throughout their middle and high school years. Many BM students do. Case and point, if you were to find out what your former Asian and White males students are doing compared to Black male students who were in high school at the same time, you'll see the difference. At some point, the Asians and Whites had families and a community which held them to higher standards and had high expectations for them. Unfortunately, most Black males students DO NOT have this. Yes, systematic racism plays a part in why they're aren't sucessful as White and Asian males but the larger componennt is being totally unprepared to take advantage of opportunities or to even look for opportunities to become meaningful, productive citizens who contribute to the betterment of their family, children, and/or future posterity.

If all the money that has been spent on behalf of BM's legal issues, court costs, bail money, fines and penalties, and money sent to BM inmates (because they BS'ed throughout the middle and high school as students so they aged out into young adulthood with no plan other than trying to make a quick buck or some other illegal way to get rich quick) had been used instead to contribute to their family's cost of living or payment towards their higher education, the number of Black children living in poverty would be less than 5%. Currently, it is around 45%.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:09 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Call me crazy but, It doesn't help race relations when a black guy from east NY is raping and murdering white women in Howard Beach while jogging in a park. Just sayin.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:12 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times
Default Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
When I'm walking on the street or standing in the back of black females, a number of them would always
stare at my butt like I'm piece of meat to them. I'm not sure why it unnerves me, but it does. So.. I usually
cover my butt with hands by putting them in the back pockets and pretending I was just reaching for my wallet.
Curious when you're standing BEHIND THEM how are they able to stare at your b u t t? How are they able to stare at you at all if you're BEHIND them?

Old 02-05-2017, 09:24 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Call me crazy but, It doesn't help race relations when a black guy from east NY is raping and murdering white women in Howard Beach while jogging in a park. Just sayin.
Woman vs women. He murdered one WOMAN. It doesn't help race relations when some people don't have the mental capacity to realize that one persons actions don't represent the entire group.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Woman vs women. He murdered one WOMAN. It doesn't help race relations when some people don't have the mental capacity to realize that one persons actions don't represent the entire group.
Since most of the crime is committed by African Americans it doesn't take much to understand that the impact on race relations is a direct correlation to the stigmatism that many African Americans and other minorities feel. Obviously, they aren't all bad people. But, this is more than just a few bad apples ruining the bunch. The majority of the apples are rotten to the core

Old 02-05-2017, 09:33 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Since most of the crime is committed by African Americans it doesn't take much to understand that the impact on race relations is a direct correlation to the stigmatism that many African Americans and other minorities feel. Obviously, they aren't all bad people. But, this is more than just a few bad apples ruining the bunch. The majority of the apples are rotten to the core
The vast, vast majority of black people do not commit heinous crimes, and black crime rates have decreased a lot over the years.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
The vast, vast majority of black people do not commit heinous crimes, and black crime rates have decreased a lot over the years.
Been to Chicago lately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City