U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 08:03 PM

2,962 posts, read 775,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Crime rate is low because they make their own drugs.
The ones in very rural areas do for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 08:10 PM

7,903 posts, read 6,477,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
No...the police don't go to trailer parks...I've heard it from people in those communities themselves.
You've never watched COPS obviously.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:04 PM

849 posts, read 452,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Crime rate is low because they make their own drugs.
This is true, and it's also a much preferable situation than having drug gangs rule the neighborhood.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:31 AM

9,693 posts, read 5,278,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Exactly! Common sense really.
Its actually very nonsensical. This violent crime is overwhelmingly committed against other blacks and Hispanics, NOT against white people. And, even looking at the numbers of violent criminals, they represent a very, very, very tiny percentage of the entire black and Hispanic population in NYC.

Moving on: I'm not one to rush to assign racist motives to others' actions, but will call out differences in treatment where they are apparent. I do not see other blacks clutching their purses when I'm walking next to them.

Likewise, black store owners don't follow me around like a common criminal when I'm shopping (for comparison purposes, my white friends that I'm shopping with are not being followed through the store as they go about their business).

When I was in college (I attended an Ivy League school), I'd have my fellow classmates go out of their way not to sit next to me when riding the bus from the dorms to class. And this was despite the fact that the bus was completely packed, meaning that an extra seat went unfilled. But as soon as I left the bus, both seats in my row were filled in. My black male friends had the exact same experiences as I did.

Note, even with some instances of mistreatment based on skin color, I've met many, many more people who treat me just fine and do not think that we live in a racist society. Sure, there are racists within our society (and racists come in all colors/races), but I've found that most people seem to be good people.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:32 AM

9,693 posts, read 5,278,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Good point. Whenever I hear the argument that cops don't go after white communities where crime/drugs are an issue, I simply refer them to COPS.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:10 AM

6,828 posts, read 4,428,208 times
I was eating fried chicken yesterday while looking at ladies with big tiddays walk by and hollering at them and people were looking at me... when will racism end...

Old 02-08-2017, 07:43 AM

1,957 posts, read 1,047,185 times
Quote:
I didn't say it...I said I've heard people in rural trailer parks areas say it themselves areas.

COPS?? Oh yes, a show where people get entertainment from seeing people being arrested and chased by police. Only in America.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:24 PM

7,903 posts, read 6,477,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I didn't say it...I said I've heard people in rural trailer parks areas say it themselves areas.

COPS?? Oh yes, a show where people get entertainment from seeing people being arrested and chased by police. Only in America.
Whatever the point of the show is, it doesn't change the fact that watching its volumes of film, over the 25+ years it has been on, will easily prove that cops not only simply "go into" trailor parks in rural, white America, but practically live there.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:57 PM

23,254 posts, read 16,063,944 times
Quote:
Whatever the point of the show is, it doesn't change the fact that watching its volumes of film, over the 25+ years it has been on, will easily prove that cops not only simply "go into" trailor parks in rural, white America, but practically live there.
It doesn't prove anything. The stats showing the arrest rates and the incarceration rates of people in rural White America would give far more information. Studies on it would give far more context.

Is the show fiction or is it "reality" tv?

Old 02-08-2017, 06:05 PM

23,254 posts, read 16,063,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
OH NO! I have been called a racist.....AGAIN! What will I do? Nothing, I don't care. The statistics prove over and over and over again that the majority of crime committed in big cities are committed by African Americans. Blaming Police, blaming white people is the easy way out for the black community. They have been told for so many years by Democrats that they are oppressed that many of them just gave up trying to better themselves and have decided to live off the government, commit crimes, do their time get out, wash, rinse and repeat. It's become accepted in black communities that young people will die young, either at the hands of the Police or by other African Americans.

Instead of confronting the racism you so desperately want to exist so it will justify your reasoning how about confronting the issues in your community. How about confronting single parent homes. How about confronting the lack of safe sex in the camunitay. How about confronting the lack of education....not because the schools don't exist but because the children just don't go and when they do go they are disruptive. How about confronting the rampant drug dealing and subsequent drug use.How about confronting the violent crime. When the NYPD confronted the quality of life crimes African Americans screamed racism. Ok, well since stop and frisk is no longer enforced, now confront the other issues I have laid out and stop this nonsense of confronting racism. The animals that are destroying the African American community from within are the problem. Get your own house in order and then maybe things will fall into place. Until then it's just more excuses, crying and laying blame at white people for black people's problem.
Plenty of white people do drug use, and there's no real correlation between substance use and poverty. On Wall Street, the entertainment industry, the medical profession, high end lawyers, etc., those people sniff cocaine and they drink wine and champagne. And yes, they do weed.

Substance abuse has nothing to do with one's race.

In terms of the high arrest rates of African Americans in poor neighborhoods, well part of that was cops searching and frisking random poor people. How many well off people got stopped and frisked? Part of it is poor people live in overcrowded apartments with family and are more likely to party out in the street. Those with money can get their own places and do the drugs in their homes, where they can be more discreet.

Lastly, there has been historic discrimination on the basis of race. You want to say that "animals" were destroying the AA community from within, but if a "straight and narrow" AA tried to move to a better neighborhood, they were often blocked/not allowed in said neighborhoods.

You like to tar and feather an entire race of person, but what advice would you really have for a person who was born in such deplorable circumstances to get out? It's certainly not that easy to move up socioeconomically. Since you seemingly love to bash Black people, perhaps a person who is trying to do better wouldn't feel comfortable around you and they might feel more inclined to stay around what they know.

Could having a good education help? Yes, and that's not free, especially considering you do not get pell grants for grad school (mostly its either cash or student loans/good credit).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City