Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2016, 01:55 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,951,921 times

Advertisements

Whelp, the queen racist finally showed up to give us a strong example of evidence: a person with a friend told me that friend said... lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,572 posts, read 8,535,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
What I will say is racism works both ways. As I said in a previous post, when I'm in minority neighborhoods, people think the worst of me too..

That might be because they assume that your presence will drive up the rents and house prices, forcing them to leave. Even elderly home owners unable to pay the taxes based on the higher valuations.

This isn't a chicken vs. egg thing. Whites started the racism which hurt blacks for centuries. Many, maybe most, blacks think the worst of whites who they don't know as a defensive mechanism. So to pretend as if the implicit bias that many whites have towards blacks is the same as the reverse is nonsense.

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
What I do know is that when I approach many white men on the street in broad daylight, in a suit, or not in a suit I see discomfort quite often. Interestingly enough I don't detect this from white females.

Now why that is I don't know but what most black professional men know is that they have to learn how to be "non threatening" if they are going to have any chance of success in the corporate world.

I have been told by several black women who have white male friends that most white men are afraid of black men who they don't know. Fear not based on anything rational. Just fear.
Just curious CaribNY. You're from a Black majority society. You could take the money you made here and live very well back home. Why put up with this bull****?

Things may get very ugly under Trump.

Old 12-25-2016, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
Black and Hispanics commit 90% of the violent crime in NYC..

And in the numerous encounters that whites must have with blacks and Hispanics on a daily basis how many of these consist of a criminal assault? Less than 1% I bet.

But here you go willing to damn the 95% of the black and Hispanic population who aren't any more criminal then your average white person.

In fact the vast majority of crimes committed by minorities are against other minorities. If blacks are so dangerous then why are so many whites now moving into majority black neighborhoods? Many of these being low income at that.

Old 12-25-2016, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
What a racist you are /sarcasm

NYC has 1 million black men. all must be blamed because of what 2 black men did.

Interesting! Yes it is racism. Should I assume that every white doctor will not provide me with proper medical care because a % of them might hate me because I am black, or think that my life is worth less than a white person.

I am sure if I wanted to I could find instances of medical racism. But should every white doctor be indicted because of what some of them did, or might do?

Or if I see a white person injured should I assume that they are an evil white racist because a % of whites no doubt are?

Because this is what you do to blacks.

Old 12-25-2016, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
1. I don't 'deal with it' because I don't care what other people do. As long as you aren't messing with me, you can do what you like. I've had people act scared around me, on the train, on the elevator.?

It doesn't bother me until it does. The same man who is scared in the elevator maybe the one who you then have to engage with in a work setting.

Do you still think that it doesn't matter? Because if black men scare him he will minimize his exposure to those who he doesn't know.

Old 12-25-2016, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Whelp, the queen racist finally showed up to give us a strong example of evidence: a person with a friend told me that friend said... lol
'

Its always interesting how the REAL racists are the ones who call those who confront them racist.

Talk to any black professional man who isn't built like a twink and they will tell you that learning how to be "non threatening" to white men is a vital tool that they need to learn.

But you not being black will deny this as after all being who you are means that you know 100% if what others m=encounter.

Old 12-25-2016, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Just curious CaribNY. You're from a Black majority society. You could take the money you made here and live very well back home. Why put up with this bull****?

Things may get very ugly under Trump.

Maybe I might well do that. Too bad for you though trapped in this land..

Old 12-25-2016, 02:19 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Maybe I might well do that. Too bad for you though trapped in this land..
No. I have a passport. I just graduated from Columbia, and I actually fly out of the country on Dec. 31st. I'd been interviewing for jobs in Mexico, Colombia, and the Dominican Republic.

People from top universities can easily find work around the world. Another African American friend of mine got a teaching job in the Congo, and she's been learning French and one of the Native languages.

You have me confused with the street corner African Americans, who due to having felonies are likely stripped of the ability to get passports and have no worthwhile education and and no money for an airplane ticket, and no ability to get a work visa.

Old 12-25-2016, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
No. I have a passport..

Folks generally just don't just hire foreigners, especially in countries where jobs are allocated based on cronyism. Yes you might get a job with an end date. And they can withdraw that work permit as they wish.

They do have many professionals in those countries too. You think they will stand aside and let some cushy job go to some Yankee? If these people don't even like returning migrants you think that they will like you to remain indefinitely?

I doubt that your friend will want to remain indefinitely in Congo either. I assume that its isn't the DRC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City