U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-23-2016, 01:25 PM
PDF
 
11,386 posts, read 9,862,532 times
Reputation: 6580

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I never did... But yes please tell me what the exaggeration is because with record homelessness in NYC, where do you think those people go? They don't just disappear. There was just a story out not too long ago on the news about how donations are down for the Salvation Army and one lady commented on how it could be because so many people have their hand out begging everywhere you go in Manhattan. I think you just live in your own world with your head in the clouds to really see what is going on. Are you even from NYC? The transplants in general seem to think all of this is just sooo groovy coming from such boring places. They tend to also give on the subway when people are panhandling which only encourages it even more.
OK then. Have a good day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-23-2016, 01:32 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
7,577 posts, read 2,699,692 times
Reputation: 2820
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
OK then. Have a good day!
That's what I thought... I'm a New Yorker... I know a thing or two about the place I grew up in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2016, 01:33 PM
PDF
 
11,386 posts, read 9,862,532 times
Reputation: 6580
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That's what I thought... I'm a New Yorker... I know a thing or two about the place I grew up in.
I'm happy for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2016, 01:37 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
7,577 posts, read 2,699,692 times
Reputation: 2820
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I'm happy for you.
If you're going to challenge someone about what they know, support it with specifics. You claim I'm "exaggerating" and then back off when I challenge you to prove me wrong. You know what I'm saying is true. That's the issue. For the record, since de Blasio took office, overall the entire city is dirtier, doesn't matter how much money the neighborhood has, and that includes... Gasp... The UWS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2016, 01:57 PM
PDF
 
11,386 posts, read 9,862,532 times
Reputation: 6580
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
If you're going to challenge someone about what they know, support it with specifics. You claim I'm "exaggerating" and then back off when I challenge you to prove me wrong. You know what I'm saying is true. That's the issue. For the record, since de Blasio took office, overall the entire city is dirtier, doesn't matter how much money the neighborhood has, and that includes... Gasp... The UWS.
I haven't noticed a difference in the cleanliness of the city before/after de Blasio became Mayor. Obviously nothing I say will change your opinion, so why bother? You think Manhattan is one big cesspool...how am I supposed to challenge that exactly? Seems like you're happy where you live, and me the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2016, 02:09 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
7,577 posts, read 2,699,692 times
Reputation: 2820
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I haven't noticed a difference in the cleanliness of the city before/after de Blasio became Mayor. Obviously nothing I say will change your opinion, so why bother? You think Manhattan is one big cesspool...how am I supposed to challenge that exactly? Seems like you're happy where you live, and me the same.
You likely don't notice a lot of things apparently (no panhandling in the subway, no homeless people either despite record homelessness in NYC). As I said, living in a bubble. Either that or you're living in a really posh area of the UWS with a doorman and staff to keep the sidewalks and general areas clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2016, 03:27 PM
PDF
 
11,386 posts, read 9,862,532 times
Reputation: 6580
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You likely don't notice a lot of things apparently (no panhandling in the subway, no homeless people either despite record homelessness in NYC). As I said, living in a bubble. Either that or you're living in a really posh area of the UWS with a doorman and staff to keep the sidewalks and general areas clean.
Bubble? I don't think so. Do I see panhandling/homeless on a regular basis? Yes. Is it as outrageous as you claim? No. Does it bother me to the extent that it does you? No. I live in a walk-up building, no doorman here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2016, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Northeast states
10,334 posts, read 7,244,131 times
Reputation: 2709
Random I love the 7 train in Long Island City area seeing Manhattan skyline and some finest Asian/Mexican woman lol on 7 train. Long Island City should be on top 10 list because new apartments all over and good view of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top