U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2016, 08:27 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,561 posts, read 623,533 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the details Bugsy.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 09:28 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,064,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Are East Village, West Village and Greenwich Village all separate areas then? Wouldn't the East and West make the whole of Greenwich Village or is there more to it?
East Village is separate. West Village is a subsection of Greenwich Village. Here's a map to help.

So here you can see that Greenwich Village and East Village are different neighborhoods. Broadway is the dividing line.

But West Village is not marked on here because it is PART of Greenwich Village (west of Sixth avenue).

Next time when you come and explore the East village you'll see that also it looks and feels different too. It attracts different crowds and has a much grittier, grungier, artsy, and not as wealthy vibe + look. I also think EV has a "cooler" feel to it too, and better nightlife.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:22 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,542,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post
East Village is separate. West Village is a subsection of Greenwich Village. Here's a map to help.

So here you can see that Greenwich Village and East Village are different neighborhoods. Broadway is the dividing line.

But West Village is not marked on here because it is PART of Greenwich Village (west of Sixth avenue).

Next time when you come and explore the East village you'll see that also it looks and feels different too. It attracts different crowds and has a much grittier, grungier, artsy, and not as wealthy vibe + look. I also think EV has a "cooler" feel to it too, and better nightlife.
I would argue that Little Italy should be much smaller on that map, if existant at all

Old 12-23-2016, 11:15 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,064,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I would argue that Little Italy should be much smaller on that map, if existant at all
You're right, I agree. I didn't even notice that. I was just paying attention to the villages. They make it look so much bigger than Chinatown.

Gramercy park is also really big too. I guess this isn't actually the best map. Just pay attention to the villages and ignore the rest, lol

Old 12-24-2016, 11:17 PM

539 posts, read 377,282 times
Both are easily my favorite places to walk on a nice Saturday. Sometimes I'll walk from the Hudson to the East River, a lot of beautiful architecture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City