Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 439 times

Advertisements

I have lived here for over three, almost four years. I love it, but need to move because of work.

If I want to rent it after I move, for how long can I rent it out before I have to sell it?

I am sure this info was in my purchasing contract, but I have no idea where I filed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 08:48 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Ask a neighbor for a copy of the bi-laws. It will certainly be spelled out. Also spelled out will be whether or not the board must approve of your tenant.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:08 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,758,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kew Gardener View Post
I've been living opposite the Silver Towers for 3 years.A good mix of people and of mixed ages live there and the neighborhood is great,safe and although Queens BLVD is hardly pretty it is so convenient.The Streets at the top of the block are beautiful and tree lined i even love the cemetery a block away it's green and gorgeous.Shops,restaurants,bars,spas,cinema and more a few blocks away on Lefferts Blvd and Forest Hills is a walk or one subway stop away.Forest Park takes about 10 mins to walk to.Subway is 2 blocks also LIRR is a block away.
Hope this is helpful.
This is accurate. However, I lived not far from there, on Saunders Street. No one ever thinks about proximity to major streets. The problem is the amount of dust that comes into the home because of the cars is ridiculous. My parents apartment would be dusty pretty much immediately, and that was one block south of Queens Blvd. I also have this issue to some extent in my current place which is a few blocks from the Cross Bronx.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:10 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,758,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baycondo3 View Post
2. Is it safe for a single female?
Yes

Quote:
8. Is street parking terrible if you have a car?
Yes

Old 09-02-2018, 03:07 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Trucks and busses and cars oh my ! Trucks and busses and cars oh my!
This location is the bottle neck of Kew Gardens.
Too dusty,too noisy,too dirty. Steer clear...............
Search a few blocks down towards Metropolitan avenue and it is like dying and going to heaven.
The red pill every renter has to swallow is the congestion. Better not own a car if you want to rent around here.
Search a little further into Parkside ( That is Forest Hills running along Metropolitan avenue ) where owning a car
and parking is stress free renting or home ownership.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 328 times
I’ve been living at Silvertowers for over three years. I like living here because it’s a decent commute to the city with LIRR and subway close to the building but if you own a car, parking is expensive doesn’t come with the apartment usually and keep raising the price. Street parking is difficult. Other than that, I have no complaints. Maintenance is a bit higher but it’s because the size of the apartments tend to be larger than average. There’s laundry room in every floor, gym is small but clean, friendly doorman and well maintained building with good central AC, warm in the winter and cool in summers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City