Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 09:55 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Just he happy that Donald Trump is the defender of gods chosen people of Isreal. But I do see the settlements as early warning systems like what you mentioned. So far. I personally think John Kerry speech was one of the best speeches I ever saw down and watched. God speed John Kerry.
I don't think Trump cares either way knowing his personality. If the past 5 years have shown anything is that the Arab world (the ME and North Africa), in it's modern incarnation, is a complete disaster.

Israel always propagandized that it was the only stable country in the ME and it has been proven correct.

I think that's what Trump sees. A small country that is stable, produces good and services apart from oil, and provides a decent standard of living for it's population as opposed to the ****hole that most of the rest of the Middle East is.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:25 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,114 times
Quote:
Just he happy that Donald Trump is the defender of gods chosen people of Isreal. But I do see the settlements as early warning systems like what you mentioned. So far. I personally think John Kerry speech was one of the best speeches I ever saw down and watched. God speed John Kerry.
John Kerry is very naive and almost uniquely unsuited to negotiate peace in the Middle East.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:09 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
I agree about Kerry.
Anyone who could lose to GWB after seeing him in action for 4 years must be a really, really stupid nincompoop.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:51 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,708,589 times
Quote:
One Russian nuclear warhead over Jerusalem will render Isreal useless.
First, it's spelled Israel.

Now, Israel has approximately 80 nukes. Do you think it would hesitate to retaliate if it was attacked? Yes, Russia could wipe it off the map, but Israel could also kill millions of Russians.

Just putting things into perspective.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:15 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,568,054 times
The Two State Solution is just about as stupid as the billions we poured into that place. It is all a bad joke. It's a longstanding problem, has been going on way before America ever became a country, it'll be going on for years more. We'd be smart to just pull out and let them figure it out on their own like big kids without third parties. Focus on our problems here, you know. Why, again, do we owe them anything? This is my tax money... all they do is complain like spoiled rich brats and we fund new wars we can't afford... why again?

Last edited by EastBoundandDownChick; 01-01-2017 at 03:30 PM..

Old 01-01-2017, 04:56 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,833,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
The Two State Solution is just about as stupid as the billions we poured into that place. It is all a bad joke. It's a longstanding problem, has been going on way before America ever became a country, it'll be going on for years more. We'd be smart to just pull out and let them figure it out on their own like big kids without third parties. Focus on our problems here, you know. Why, again, do we owe them anything? This is my tax money... all they do is complain like spoiled rich brats and we fund new wars we can't afford... why again?
what exactly are you talking about? Last I checked, the US became a nation in 1776. The modern concept of zionism traces back to Theodore Hertzl in the late 19th century. Immigration from eastern Europe to Palestine basically began in the early decades of the 20th century, although during that time, there was not many who moved to the holy land. It was the treatment of Jews under Hitler and the Holocaust that drove the numbers higher and truly only then was there any real conflict between Jews and Arabs. The US itself is responsible for the very birth of the state of Israel through the UN in 1948. And the problems that exist today, the issues we are discussing, all stem from 1967 and Israel winning its war against Syria, Egypt, and Jordan and thus acquiring the West Bank from Jordan....where it has remained occupied territory ever since.

So how in the world does this pre-date the birth of the United States?

Old 01-01-2017, 06:51 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,708,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
what exactly are you talking about? Last I checked, the US became a nation in 1776. The modern concept of zionism traces back to Theodore Hertzl in the late 19th century. Immigration from eastern Europe to Palestine basically began in the early decades of the 20th century, although during that time, there was not many who moved to the holy land. It was the treatment of Jews under Hitler and the Holocaust that drove the numbers higher and truly only then was there any real conflict between Jews and Arabs. The US itself is responsible for the very birth of the state of Israel through the UN in 1948. And the problems that exist today, the issues we are discussing, all stem from 1967 and Israel winning its war against Syria, Egypt, and Jordan and thus acquiring the West Bank from Jordan....where it has remained occupied territory ever since.

So how in the world does this pre-date the birth of the United States?
I would think she was referring to ancient Israel which was first so named in 1200 BC.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israelites

Old 01-01-2017, 08:27 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
One Russian nuclear warhead over Jerusalem will render Israel useless.
If a Russian nuke lands anywhere near Jerusalem, Israel will be the least of their problems. Every single Muslim nation that has the abilities to fire missiles will stop whatever they are doing and fire at whomever fired that nuke and won't stop until they are down to bottle rockets. Your blind hatred of Jews has blocked you from seeing the realities in the Middle East.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:43 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
But that's the whole point.

We are not in Europe anymore.
Clearly religion in politics in the Middle East has turned much of the region into a complete disaster.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:05 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Clearly religion in politics in the Middle East has turned much of the region into a complete disaster.
Maybe you are referring to Islam.

Judaism is not just a "religion". Israel is a Jewish state, meaning it is a state for "Jewish people" (who may or may not be religious.) Of course non-Jews also have equal rights in Israel as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City