Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 03:40 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,082,980 times

Advertisements

From what I've read, the guy may have yelled obscenities at the cops. A NY Court has ruled that does not constitute disorderly conduct (although a dumb thing to do).

Cursing at a Cop Is Legal (But Still Not a Good Idea)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 05:00 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,196,527 times
These pigs are out of control! They need to stop beating black people and get the **** out of the ghetto and go back to Long Island or staten island where they come from. These pigs are good for nothing but eating jelly donuts... racist nazi swine

Old 01-05-2017, 06:22 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You are just delusional. 99.99% of law-obiding NY'ers don't get beat up by the NYPD. For most of us, they are not the "numero uno thugs." Take your fake ass sob stories somewhere else.
In addition:

The NYPD paid over $428 million in settlements over a five year period

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archiv...s-over-last-f/

Quote:
The city spent $228.5 million settling and paying out for judgments in police misconduct lawsuits in fiscal year 2016,...
NYC Paid $228 Million For Police Misconduct In The Last Fiscal Year: Gothamist

Beatings? Maybe not. But a whole lot of other things.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:45 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
In addition:

The NYPD paid over $428 million in settlements over a five year period

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archiv...s-over-last-f/

NYC Paid $228 Million For Police Misconduct In The Last Fiscal Year: Gothamist

Beatings? Maybe not. But a whole lot of other things.
Actually, this illustrates exactly all the things that are wrong with the system where every little accusation of police misconducts results in a lawsuit. The city in order to avoid the higher costs of a lengthy trial settles out of court. We, the taxpayers, ultimately end up paying for these frivolous lawsuits.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:05 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It works both ways. You cannot expect respect from LEO's if you don't show the same respect you are asking from them. It's a concept you will never understand because you are too biased in your hatred of LEO's. For the rest of us, they are good guys that come to our rescue when we need help.

And yes, I've been pulled over by NYPD and got ticketed but I didn't act up, I talked to them politely and we were all on our way.
Bingo! I've had about 4-5 encounters with the NYPD including being the victim of an assault once unfortunately, and each and every time the officers I've dealt with were more than nice to me.

One time me and my friends got off on the wrong side of a train station once and the officer let us go through the emergency exit for free. DId I mention that we're Black? *Shocker*

People just refuse to take accountability for their own actions, every thing is someone else's fault.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:13 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
These pigs are out of control! They need to stop beating black people and get the **** out of the ghetto and go back to Long Island or staten island where they come from. These pigs are good for nothing but eating jelly donuts... racist nazi swine
I hope this is just some insanely clever sarcasm that I'm not picking up on. I can guarantee you that in majority of these incidents there wouldn't be a "beating" taking place if the perp would simply comply with the officers orders.

And if these "racist nazi swine" would indeed do as you say and go back to their burbs what would happen to the innocent Black people, some of whom are working to improve their living circumstances but just can't afford to move into a safer area away from the scum that infest their neighborhoods and commit the most crime? Should these Black people suffer?

Once again, I sincerely hope you're trolling.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:43 PM

368 posts, read 391,534 times
Quote:
Nope,
I and both my sons have seen more combat in Lebanon, Iraq and Afghanistan than these three thug LEO's will ever see by the time they retire at 20 years (if they don't find some BS reason to retire earlier on BS disability).

And there is one of your fundamental misunderstandings (and why so many military veterans tend to be problem cops): struggling with someone and using necessary force in order to place him under arrest is not "combat", and even criminals are not to be regarded as an enemy target. I seriously doubt that in any of your "combat" experience your object was to put the person opposing you in handcuffs. No, you could just kill him, and be done with it -- so who is the real "thug"?

Old 01-06-2017, 05:18 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWhiteBlue View Post
And there is one of your fundamental misunderstandings (and why so many military veterans tend to be problem cops): struggling with someone and using necessary force in order to place him under arrest is not "combat", and even criminals are not to be regarded as an enemy target. I seriously doubt that in any of your "combat" experience your object was to put the person opposing you in handcuffs. No, you could just kill him, and be done with it -- so who is the real "thug"?

Most of our best LEO's have military backgrounds. Their disciplines are more tuned. Verbal assaults go in one ear and out the other. LEO's should not turn a verbal attack into a physical attack. During my time within the NYC EMS and dealing primarily with Highway police units, I could easily see the differences. Even when I was a trainer, military people held it together much better than those who came out of the schools and went into the force (many had very little street smarts). The military way is not to kill everyone on sight. Maybe you should travel out of the metro area to see how much difference there is when one leaves the city.

This infamous video is how it is outside of NYC and its influences.
https://youtu.be/o_JtFBnFS1Y

Old 01-06-2017, 07:11 AM

840 posts, read 693,286 times
I've seen that video many times, The driver while verbal never got physical with the officer and otherwise listened (signed ticket, picked it up after throwing it down). Not a good comparison as that the guy here in NYC is clearly fighting (& not listening). If you've never been a cop and tried to handcuff a combative person you really are only guessing at how they should respond. They want to quickly control someone before they can grab a gun, run away etc. If someone is fighting this many cops it says something about their intent.

At btw this video is used as an example of what not to do. He didnt need to tell him how much the ticket was (saying $137) he was (the officer) pretty condescending and could have disconnected from the guy much sooner. Again nothing like NYC incident where guy is physically struggling.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:28 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Most of our best LEO's have military backgrounds. Their disciplines are more tuned. Verbal assaults go in one ear and out the other. LEO's should not turn a verbal attack into a physical attack. During my time within the NYC EMS and dealing primarily with Highway police units, I could easily see the differences. Even when I was a trainer, military people held it together much better than those who came out of the schools and went into the force (many had very little street smarts). The military way is not to kill everyone on sight. Maybe you should travel out of the metro area to see how much difference there is when one leaves the city.

This infamous video is how it is outside of NYC and its influences.
https://youtu.be/o_JtFBnFS1Y
If you go on youtube, there are literally thousands of videos of police stops OUTSIDE OF NYC that ended badly. Likewise, you can also find plenty of videos showing stops by NYPD that ended well.

Your argument failed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City