Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 05:13 PM

25 posts, read 56,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly252 View Post
Quick question for you. I know you said someone called you the following day, but I'm wondering who it was. Your intake officer? Or someone else? I got a call yesterday with no message and when I called my intake manager today to ask about it, she had no clue what I was talking about as she said she didn't call me. She promised to get back to me but haven't heard anything since I called her at 12pm.

Trying to speed the process up if it was in fact an apartment viewing call. Worried if I wait too long and it is, then I might knock myself out of the running since they are already doing apartment showings.

Does anyone have any advice on followup? Should I call every day? Just to make sure she is actually checking it out? Is there some other address I should be emailing?

I swear to god this whole thing is going to give me a coronary.

I can't say if the call you missed was for a viewing or not, but I can tell you that the person that called me for my viewing wasn't my intake file manager.

As far as follow ups go, I have no advice, its pretty difficult to get in contact with anyone that can give you any useful information. But, I hope you find out what the call was for, they should attempt to call you back.

Last edited by citygirl2791; 09-20-2017 at 05:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 08:22 PM

9 posts, read 19,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirl2791 View Post
I can't say if the call you missed was for a viewing or not, but I can tell you that the person that called me for my viewing wasn't my intake file manager.

As far as follow ups go, I have no advice, its pretty difficult to get in contact with anyone that can give you any useful information. But, I hope you find out what the call was for, they should attempt to call you back.
Yes the call for apartment viewing was from a different person. I believe my person's name was Tiffany. I'd try the generic email (it's hit or miss, but I've noticed they're more on it than they were in the summer). Or call the office and press 0 to get to someone and describe your situation: "Hi my name is ___ and I'm currently in the application process for 38 sixth log #___. I received a miss call from your office and I believe it may be in regards to an apartment viewing. Is there anyone I can speak to regarding this?"

Good luck!

Old 09-21-2017, 02:02 PM

31 posts, read 52,876 times
Welp, finally got someone on the phone and we've been waitlisted. So that's that I guess. He told me we were in Band 3, which we actually are not based on our income projections (we are band 2) so he said he'd look into it but if we are then our odds are actually worse because there are so many more applicants in that group.

Good luck and Godspeed everyone.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:15 PM

10 posts, read 16,046 times
Hey guys, good luck to all! I got through the intake process with 38 Sixth, but withdrew my application from this lottery because I was offered and signed a lease for 535 Carlton. Both were long and arduous, but hang in there!

Old 09-23-2017, 10:26 AM

125 posts, read 210,314 times
Im gonna call again on Monday to see if theres any update. For those of you who actually went in, did they tell you what would be needed to move in ? Like a deposit or anything like that? And whats included in the rent?

Old 09-24-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdsimmons View Post
Im gonna call again on Monday to see if theres any update. For those of you who actually went in, did they tell you what would be needed to move in ? Like a deposit or anything like that? And whats included in the rent?
No they didn't say anything regarding a deposit. I'm pretty sure they need first months and security.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:01 PM

I got a call from MHANY earlier today.
The lady who called me said my file has ALREADY been sent to HDC.
BUT, she said I will most likely be denied because I am a full-time student, because I have been enrolled in college for 5 months this year.

I have only ever been a part-time student. I almost always only take 4 credits, and I have taken 8 just one semester(which is still not full-time).

I also read the marketing handbook and it states that they define a "full-time student" as a student who was enrolled in college as a full-time student for 5 calendar months of any given year.

Does anyone have any clarification on this? I have a feeling she didn't know what she was talking about, but the uncertainty is driving me nuts.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:44 AM

125 posts, read 210,314 times
Does anyone know how the calculate the income ? Because when I called yesterday whatever equation they have put me at over 13K what my job letter states . I was very confused and plan on calling back later when I have free time so somebody can break that down to me because even with the OT I do ( which I think shouldnt be included but I digress ) & the night differential it doesnt raise me over 13K. If so point me to where this money is.

And all this time I was thinking I was in band 2 , apparently with this 13K difference puts me in band 3. And Band 3 literally has like 10 apartments I think. And even with a log # of 26** and CB and Municipal preference , I feel like the odds of even getting a viewing at this point is pretty much nonexistent. Feeling like maybe its a wrap for this one.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:29 AM

9 posts, read 19,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirl2791 View Post
I got a call from MHANY earlier today.
The lady who called me said my file has ALREADY been sent to HDC.
BUT, she said I will most likely be denied because I am a full-time student, because I have been enrolled in college for 5 months this year.

I have only ever been a part-time student. I almost always only take 4 credits, and I have taken 8 just one semester(which is still not full-time).

I also read the marketing handbook and it states that they define a "full-time student" as a student who was enrolled in college as a full-time student for 5 calendar months of any given year.

Does anyone have any clarification on this? I have a feeling she didn't know what she was talking about, but the uncertainty is driving me nuts.
Even if you get rejected by HDC is there an appeal process? They should've asked you for a school verification form or something to confirm your enrollment status.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:30 PM

5 posts, read 7,353 times
Who exactly can I call to get info on the application process. I have sent two emails to them for an update, which they said was okay to do at the interview, but they have not responded. Although my number stinks (36***) I have CB and municipal employee preference so I am still eager to hear anything really.

Also, how many people do they interview? have they simply gotten my hopes up for no reason, or do I really have a chance, even with a higher log# ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery