Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2017, 10:57 AM

9 posts, read 18,647 times

Advertisements

I had my apartment viewing, and it was exactly like citygirl2791 described it. Beautiful, spacious, lots of light. All her notes on the details & finishes were spot-on. I was shown a Studio and a 1-Bedroom and asked to "select" between the two. The woman giving me the tour mentioned that MHANY would be in touch about next steps (which I'm assuming is sending my app to HDC). From everyone I spoke with, the move-in date seemed very unknown and contingent on construction. The lobby was still completely under construction, and certain common space details like carpeting have only been done on the 2nd floor. So there's lots to be completed still, but it seems like most major work is done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 07:05 PM

21 posts, read 32,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn11216 View Post
I had my apartment viewing, and it was exactly like citygirl2791 described it. Beautiful, spacious, lots of light. All her notes on the details & finishes were spot-on. I was shown a Studio and a 1-Bedroom and asked to "select" between the two. The woman giving me the tour mentioned that MHANY would be in touch about next steps (which I'm assuming is sending my app to HDC). From everyone I spoke with, the move-in date seemed very unknown and contingent on construction. The lobby was still completely under construction, and certain common space details like carpeting have only been done on the 2nd floor. So there's lots to be completed still, but it seems like most major work is done.
Thanks for the update. Could you determine how large the studio was? Was it a square layout?

Old 09-18-2017, 07:41 PM

In terms of square footage, the studio was in the lower 500's and the 1-br was in the mid 600's. Fairly rectangular layout, nothing out of the ordinary. But that was just from the two I saw – as with most buildings, I'm guessing that each line of apartments will have a slightly different layout.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:21 AM

9 posts, read 19,727 times
Just had my viewing. Everything as citygirl2791 described. The 1 bedroom was 650s square feet. A window in the living room and one in the bedroom above the heating/cooling unit, with a skinny window alongside it (don't believe the skinny one opens). I guess the window and layout situation may be different depending on what module the apartment is in, but nothing out of the ordinary... just a square layout :-). 2 laundry units on the floor ($1.25 a load was what I was told, and you refill the key card in the mail room downstairs). Was also told that the extra amenities are $30 a month (fitness center, lounge, bike storage, children's play room). Fitness center and children's play room on the 8th floor; lounge and terrace on the 17th floor.

Asked for a move-in ETA, and the woman said 1-2 months.

Next step is credit/background check, so potential tenant would have to sign an affidavit with MHANY to move that forward. Viewing an apartment is just a step in the process.

Good luck all!

Last edited by ThanksGirlfriend; 09-19-2017 at 10:48 AM..

Old 09-19-2017, 01:32 PM

31 posts, read 52,753 times
I just got a call from the MHANY number but no message. Tried calling back and asking for my intake person but no response so left a message. Anyone happen to have the email address for someone named Rosenda? Freaking out right now. Fingers crossed times infinity.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:35 PM

25 posts, read 56,343 times
UPDATE: I received a call earlier this afternoon from MHANY to come in tomorrow to sign affidavits to move me on to the next step (HDC Approval). *Fingers crossed*

I was also asked to bring in a notarized document clarifying several deposits/quick-pays on my bank statements from friends and what-not...

Will keep you guys updated!

Old 09-19-2017, 10:49 PM

125 posts, read 209,190 times
Good for you! As all of you get good news , I get more and more anxious though. This whole process is stress .. and its not even finished yet lol

Old 09-20-2017, 09:57 AM

Construction update from the bi-monthly Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park meeting last night: they hope to start move-in in October, with the fences around the building coming down around next week.

Recap article here (scroll down for 38 Sixth Ave update): https://atlanticyardsreport.blogspot...timetable.html

Old 09-20-2017, 03:14 PM

25 posts, read 56,343 times
Ok, so I had my affidavit signing today.

I was told HDC is a bit backed up and it may take up to 2-3 weeks for approval.
The unit I had initially viewed, which they told me was assigned to me, was not on the paperwork that they will send to HDC.

So pretty much the units they are currently showing are model units. I was told once and if HDC approves me, I will be scheduled for another tour and depending on availability, should have more options to choose from.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:32 PM

31 posts, read 52,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanksGirlfriend View Post
I got a missed call from MHANY on Friday but no message. Tried to call back random extensions to get to someone but couldn't get through at all, so I sent an email to my intake person and general MHANY email. Hopefully they have good news cuz I have a good log number and CB preference... anyone tried just walking into their office for an update? I feel like it's so hard to get to a person, but if someone walked into their office with all these questions may not be a good idea...
Quick question for you. I know you said someone called you the following day, but I'm wondering who it was. Your intake officer? Or someone else? I got a call yesterday with no message and when I called my intake manager today to ask about it, she had no clue what I was talking about as she said she didn't call me. She promised to get back to me but haven't heard anything since I called her at 12pm.

Trying to speed the process up if it was in fact an apartment viewing call. Worried if I wait too long and it is, then I might knock myself out of the running since they are already doing apartment showings.

Does anyone have any advice on followup? Should I call every day? Just to make sure she is actually checking it out? Is there some other address I should be emailing?

I swear to god this whole thing is going to give me a coronary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery