Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 08:14 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
There is likely no more of a plan for this than there was a plan to replace Obamacare with something better. It is clear now there was no plan.
And what plan would there have been anyway? Trump barely had his staff in place. This isn't on Trump, but rather on Paul Ryan. The guy is an idiot and he should step down. I still support Trump. He has done his best to keep his promises, but unfortunately between the idiot Republicans and Democrats, they've been trying to railroad him. Now we have to move on to tax reform. The Democrats better come around because if they don't the egg will be on their face for failing to get a deal done to bring to tax relief to small businesses and individuals. Don't think Trump supporters are giving up on Trump. If anything we support him more. What we have is an inept Congress that can't agree on anything. If we can't get anything done with Republicans as the majority, we'll never anything done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 07:01 AM

37,128 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
And what plan would there have been anyway? Trump barely had his staff in place. This isn't on Trump, but rather on Paul Ryan. The guy is an idiot and he should step down. I still support Trump. He has done his best to keep his promises, but unfortunately between the idiot Republicans and Democrats, they've been trying to railroad him. Now we have to move on to tax reform. The Democrats better come around because if they don't the egg will be on their face for failing to get a deal done to bring to tax relief to small businesses and individuals. Don't think Trump supporters are giving up on Trump. If anything we support him more. What we have is an inept Congress that can't agree on anything. If we can't get anything done with Republicans as the majority, we'll never anything done.
Oh, so when he was talking about how he had plans already, you just took it that he was lying and that appealed to you. Oh, okay.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:01 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
The fathers of the nation created separation of powers. The very purpose of the different branches of government are too check each other's powers. In short the President is not a king or dictator.

A number of Republican Congressmen didn't want their own constituents to lose medicaid or other coverage, aware that they could be voted out in 2018. Others felt Trump's proposed reforms didn't for far enough, so Trump was blocked by the Republicans on both fronts.

Schumer and Pelosi would support Trump on an infrastructure bill as this would bring money for major infrastructure projects into California and NY. Trump would have to make sure he gets a certain amount of Republicans on board with highway and other projects from their states. No one is going to be voted out of office for voting on infrastructure. Someone would be voted out of office for funding healthcare cuts.

In terms of tax reform, now that Trump has given up on repealing Obamacare I'm not sure we'll see major tax cuts either.

As for his budget cuts? Nobody ever gets 100% of what they want in politics.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The fathers of the nation created separation of powers. The very purpose of the different branches of government are too check each other's powers. In short the President is not a king or dictator.

A number of Republican Congressmen didn't want their own constituents to lose medicaid or other coverage, aware that they could be voted out in 2018. Others felt Trump's proposed reforms didn't for far enough, so Trump was blocked by the Republicans on both fronts.

Schumer and Pelosi would support Trump on an infrastructure bill as this would bring money for major infrastructure projects into California and NY. Trump would have to make sure he gets a certain amount of Republicans on board with highway and other projects from their states. No one is going to be voted out of office for voting on infrastructure. Someone would be voted out of office for funding healthcare cuts.

In terms of tax reform, now that Trump has given up on repealing Obamacare I'm not sure we'll see major tax cuts either.

As for his budget cuts? Nobody ever gets 100% of what they want in politics.
Tax cuts probably have a far greater chance of passing. It sounds good to most people from the outset, even if it doesn't make great financial sense for the nation. It's a solidly modern Republican stance even though it didn't really steer the nation in a great direction the last time (Dubya) it was a major item on the agenda.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:50 AM

931 posts, read 801,144 times
Quote:
Oh we do have some indications on that already. During his campaign Trump said he was the king of debt, and we know how he handled debt on his companies. He borrowed lots of money and had his companies declare Chapter 11 several times.

I assume Trump will have the government issue lots of new bonds and raise a big portion of the 1 trillion that way.
You do realize that out of almost 600 businesses Trump owns ONLY 4 went bad. That's a pretty damn impressive record.

But of coarse people like you (the left) will focus on the 4 that failed and not the 500+ that are successful. Just saying though.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
You do realize that out of almost 600 businesses Trump owns ONLY 4 went bad. That's a pretty damn impressive record.

But of coarse people like you (the left) will focus on the 4 that failed and not the 500+ that are successful. Just saying though.
Stop speaking for me, or making assumptions about how I feel regarding Trumps business record. Quite frankly I don't care about his business record in either a positive or negative record since he is not personally writing me checks.

I am concerned about what he's able to push through Congress. If Trumpcare's failure is an indication, he may have a very hard time ahead, and he seemingly lost a lot of political capital with that. He made broad promises, but any Oresudent has to deal with Congress and the courts. The government is set up to do nothing or for it to be hard to make much change unless there is massive consensus. As Trump has learned!

Old 03-29-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post

I'm curious about where you got those stats.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:38 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,355,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I'm curious about where you got those stats.
Trump Steaks- business
Trump ties- business
Trump hair plugs- business

You get to 600 "businesses" in no time. Although, what other great businessman runs 600 businesses? lol
The greatest businessman of our time, Warren Buffett, runs about 60 subsidiaries under Berkshire. Trump runs 10X as many?

On each issue I give Trump a chance just like any politician (although I'm Russian and his fetish for Russian money shows me what type of "businessman" he is) but his most ardent supporters are total ****ing idiots.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Trump Steaks- business
Trump ties- business
Trump hair plugs- business

You get to 600 "businesses" in no time. Although, what other great businessman runs 600 businesses? lol
The greatest businessman of our time, Warren Buffett, runs about 60 subsidiaries under Berkshire. Trump runs 10X as many?

On each issue I give Trump a chance just like any politician (although I'm Russian and his fetish for Russian money shows me what type of "businessman" he is) but his most ardent supporters are total ****ing idiots.
Also, and this is no comment on his skill has a businessman, just because something has the Trump name doesn't mean Trump owns it. Trump makes a lot of money licensing his name and brand out. For example, Trump may not own any stake the company producing Trump ties. They MAY have a deal with Trump allowing them to produce Trump related ties for a certain amount of money.

A lot of companies license out their name to other companies. Merchandising is big business. Martha Stewart licensed out her name and brand.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:13 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,355,648 times
Quote:
Also, and this is no comment on his skill has a businessman, just because something has the Trump name doesn't mean Trump owns it. Trump makes a lot of money licensing his name and brand out. For example, Trump may not own any stake the company producing Trump ties. They MAY have a deal with Trump allowing them to produce Trump related ties for a certain amount of money.

A lot of companies license out their name to other companies. Merchandising is big business. Martha Stewart licensed out her name and brand.
Trump is not a top tier businessman. Would anyone compare Trump to a Buffett, Gates, Eric Schmidt, Brin/Page, Zuckerberg, Jeff Immelt, Jack Welch, Lloyd Blankfein, etc? Even Travis Kalanick with all of his douchebaggery is 10X the businessman that Trump is. The 26 year old head of Snapchat, Evan Spiegel, is a better businessman than Trump.

Trump's ties to dirty Russian money show just what kind of businessman he is. He's just a rich kid who's been barely able to not lose his inheritance and it's mostly because he inherited a no-lose business. NYC real estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City