Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 07:22 AM

351 posts, read 502,439 times

Advertisements

So just a recap I was finally called for an interview after so many years of applying and can I say how excited I was and am to have the opportunity to get low income housing with the economy how it is now. I am a single mother of 3 beautiful girls and when I was younger I messed up my credit but thank God I have fixed it and still working on getting it better. My credit before the interview was 680 and 655 and after was 660 and 645. Now I am always monitoring my credit because I have been on top of my credit I never had no public record and after they check my credit I had a public record saying judgment for 2000 march 2016 and I had no idea what was that for and it only was on my equifax so I called right away and they said it was my landlord when he took men to court because I needed repairs in my apartment but they didn't want to fix it and I told him I was going to withhold the rent until he fixed my apartment so they took me to court and never fix my apartment and I paid it hence I still live there and owe no rent. I wanted to know basically is that going to affect the housing decisions on approving my application? I fall into the brackets both low and higher brackets. Mind you I didn't even know it was going to affect my credit the way it did and then to get a denial will be heartbreaking. The credit bureau and court told me all I have to do is get a satisfaction of judgement and send it to the bureau and they will remove it because I don't owe no one. What should I do had anyone ever go through this? Please anyone help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 07:29 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,841,918 times
Were you evicted? Read this: http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...n-Criteria.pdf

Old 02-03-2017, 07:38 AM

94 posts, read 172,592 times
No, it won't affect you to grab the low-income lottery apartment. but you need to explain it to the interview agent.
It is your right to hold rents until your landlord fixs it.

Good luck.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:38 AM

No never been evicted

Old 02-03-2017, 08:44 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,841,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylouheras2 View Post
No never been evicted
So if you were never evicted and you paid all the rent then you should be fine. They will probably ask you about it though. But according to the guidelines, they cannot reject you for it. If they do, appeal and show them that guidelines document I linked you to.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:05 AM

Ok yes I printed it out and God willing everything works out. I'll keep posting to see. Do you know how long they will get back to me about it? I went it gave all the documents and the next day they did the credit check....

Old 02-15-2017, 12:17 PM

Ok so I got another email saying I have an eligibility interview coming up the 28th. Does anyone know what happen in that interview?

Old 02-15-2017, 12:45 PM

4,768 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Did they tell you to bring any additional documents?

Old 02-18-2017, 07:07 AM

when I called they said it was a mistake and that other people were also getting the email but to disregard that it was for applicants who didn't make the two day interviews and that had me nervous because I don't want them to make no mistake. From what've been reading and what they told me is take about 4 months but my lease is up the end of the month don't really know what to do and they don't offer month to month lease. I don't want to renew so I'm going crazy here. I wish they were more specific on the process. I tried looking for floor plans for the building which by the way is 950 Summit Ave but can't find any. I'm praying here

Old 02-18-2017, 08:24 PM

43 posts, read 100,346 times
I have an interview with them on the 28th for this same building. What kind of questions did they ask? I'm also nervous because I have had court issues with my landlord but have never been evicted. I checked my credit and don't have any judgments listed on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City