U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 02:10 PM

5 posts, read 3,396 times

Advertisements

Hi

Just want to get some pointers.... was recently terminated from a very large corp company, knew nothing about what was going on, was told I was doing something wrong against the company policy but was talk to and being fixed in the process won't happen again .... was never in trouble before/ been with the over for over 5 years...., nothing major like scamming or stuff like that/ only for missing few days here and there / family life ... this is a very large corp with 70,000 employees, of course having politics and favoritism in my office, think that I was a target or something, let me just say that I know quite a few people in the same office getting into trouble scamming and such / leaving early because they have fmla / or not feeling well, while some people at work like myself that has to stay no matter what my calls were like.... anyway getting back to what happen/ me being Asian/American ..... I felt like I was miss treated with the company , while other that are not Asian gets a slap in the hand or such / I got terminated for doing things wrong but was talk to by my supervisor but never by my manager ( let me add that manager is all about politics and favoritism / last month I was called into HR office for something, as I was greeted with HR, manager and investigator, whom I never seen before / investigor said we are here to listen to few calls /// I so ok no problem, first call was a customer from about a month ago .... he had a debt from few years ago/ from what I learn in training class 5 years ago, was to let the customer know they had debt which he was ok and knew of/ went over a package with the customer / stating that he needs to take care of the back balance or we can do payment plan/ so I give customer an example of what the risk dept would say when they call u back so u know what the deal would be like ...... like so u owe 350.00 they can prob do something like 50.00 a month until u pay it off / we just need to collect the first month payment of the services today and they will call in in 2-3 business days to set u up with the back balances.....the investigor didn't like that, he said that's not my job/ only tell them that they will call u / I said so i been doing the same thing for the pass 5 years, is this new ? Not sure why u bringing it up 5 years later .... and also investigator also question my selling techniques /// why did u offer this question a triple play package? He only wanted one service / I said so we are in sales of course I'm here to make money and want to offer the highest package ... guess he was never in sales .... I was trained always offer everything if not get the customer what they wanted .... after explaining to the customer we have a trial 30 day money back period , u can try everything out with no contacts and u can cancel anytime ( we do ad this in tv ) the investigor said I can't do that because company is loosing money , I said so we shouldn't ad this then ... me as a customer we are freedo to want we want to do ..... that was against policy too I guess / again been doing that for 5 plus years now / last reason was email issue / we are suppose to ask for customers email if they wanted to give to us / i didn't put down there real email when I forget sometimes ..... of course I admit that was my wrong doing plus I was talk to few days ago with my super about that already ..... I only admit I thing I did wrong in that meeting, while my manager sat there and didn't say one word at all to stuck up for me or something like yes I was in training with mike ( thats me ) we were inform that's how we do the policy with customer owing back balance and stuff ....i been there for over 5 years now and now they bring this up to my attention, while other reps lie to customers all and there supers or managers cover for them ..... I think that me being Asian not being white or different race has something do with it , if I did something wrong yes please give me an warning or a written up or something ..... last thing the investgor ask me was hey mike did u have couple of drinks at lunch ? I was like... no sir I don't really drink , had pizza and soda with couple of my work mates ...why did u ask sir ? He said he saw someone that look like me .... I was like not too many 200lb Asian walking around sir ... sorry it wasn't me , last time I had a beer was months ago ...they said they needed my badge and I was suspended until further review / that was I knew I was getting fired / my manager went back to my desk and grab my keys and jacket for me was let out the building like was a criminal or something .... took them 3 more days to let me know that I'm fired ...... talking to few lawyers now but really need some pointers of how I can get back for them wrongfully terminated, I know was treated unfairly because other people did so much worst, just because it's a small enough building where u can hear everything ..... I'm not looking for much just want to know why I was fired and not given chance like others there ....please feel free to comment and please leave some pointers and whatever help me with this case ... thanks again

Last edited by Bigmikedgl; 02-11-2017 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: Need to add something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 02:40 PM

953 posts, read 568,115 times
Jesus...

I'll give a reputation point for whoever can get through that train wreck. I seriously tried and gave up at the 70% point.

Are you sure you didn't get fired for bad grammar? That would be totally justified imo.

Sorry if I'm coming across like a prick, but I cannot see how anyone who types like that can hold down a job anywhere.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:41 PM

70,369 posts, read 70,950,831 times
New York is an at will state. They do not need a reason to terminate you just like you do not need a reason to quit.

Any reason short of specific discrimination's is reason enough to stop employing someone.

Sorry ,I am not reading that long mess

Last edited by mathjak107; 02-11-2017 at 02:52 PM..

Old 02-11-2017, 02:44 PM

1,779 posts, read 1,405,383 times
Ididn'treaditeitherbecauseitlookedlikeonebigcluste r****andmadeabsolutelynosenseatallidon'tunderstand whypeoplecan'tintelligentlycommunicateonpaperitisa sifthesepeopletalklikeahookeronmethloveyoulongtime andonly$10andiamclean/

Old 02-11-2017, 02:55 PM

3,204 posts, read 1,503,564 times
Your story was a little hard to follow, i guess you are writing on a phone.

What exactly were you fired for? Exact title?

You probably have an arbitration policy for getting your job back?

Are you being unfairly targeted? Have you spoke with un employemwnt yet? Dont talk or admit anything else until you get advice.

Post this topic in the employement forum.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:56 PM

6,315 posts, read 5,794,114 times
You seek advice and help, then make it so we can read your post... seriously.
I got through a few sentences and my eyes felt like they were about to pop out.
OP (Original poster) I STRONGLY suggest you edit your post to make it so people can read it

Old 02-11-2017, 03:31 PM

Sorry about the bad grammar , didn't relieze that grammar was part of the issue ....

Old 02-11-2017, 03:39 PM

6,315 posts, read 5,794,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmikedgl View Post
Sorry about the bad grammar , didn't relieze that grammar was part of the issue ....
Its not just that, Its one large paragraph, how the H#LL do you expect people to read that????

Its a serious question

Old 02-11-2017, 03:42 PM

70,369 posts, read 70,950,831 times
the last thing you want to do is make public statements if you are working with a lawyer to develop a case .

anything you say can come back to bite you later when the lawyer wants to spin what happened and can't because you admitted certain things already in public media .

if nothing else this thread can be educational in what to not do . .

Old 02-11-2017, 04:02 PM

True thank u mathjak107
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City