Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 08:24 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,384,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Nice!! Now get those raid and deportation numbers to at least double Obama's numbers.

I love reading "Trump conned his voters...", "disappointed yet?" and other such nonsense. He's keeping promise after promise and the left is melting down further and further.

Let's keep this ball rolling! Deport them all!
You live in Tottenville, why do you care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 08:27 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,505,680 times
Propaganda FUD news as usual. ICE deportation has been on-going ever since the creation of the agency.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:29 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,384,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Propaganda FUD news as usual. ICE deportation has been on-going ever since the creation of the agency.
Yeah I had a feeling this isn't that much different from what was already happening, but since Trump/Bannon's platform is anti-immigration, it sticks out more than usual.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:03 PM

8,080 posts, read 6,683,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
He brought corporations out of the great recession, not the people. I guess you consider corporates to be people.
This is true, the corporations made out just fine, while the rest of us sucked wind..

Old 02-12-2017, 09:12 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,542,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
Wow, really surprised at the heartless of people.

Deport them all! Why stop there? Why not just kill them all too? Why even stop there? Let's kill the minorities too.

You people truly make me ashamed to be an American.
Then jump on the next Bus with them.

At least we are even on one count. Your ashamed to be an American, and I am ashamed you are one too, if you are.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:27 PM

546 posts, read 758,735 times
20 years late

Old 02-12-2017, 09:29 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,869,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
You people truly make me ashamed to be an American.
I'm ashamed that you're an American too.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:05 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
US born kids are citizens and virtually all of them can speak English even if their parents' English skills are poor. I've known a lot of immigrants from Latin America when I was in school, and they became fluent in English pretty quickly.

Also, those trailers are also in neighborhoods not known to be hotbeds for illegal immigration.
There is a strong correlation between my Queens school district being overcrowded, and it having high inflows of illegal immigrants.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:42 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,264,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Trump's Immigration Raids Have Arrived in New York City, Advocates Report

Trump's ICE Raids in NYC and nationally have begun. I have heard reports that ICE last night nabbed people on Roosevelt Avenue, Jackson Heights. Clearly Queens real estate is going to take a hit, and the same for Upper Manhattan,the Bronx, and South Brooklyn.

For this article to not be useless, it would have to tell you how many raids and people were deported on a typical day before the Trump administration.

Under the past several administrations, ICE was deporting over a 1,000 every day for the last few years, with almost another thousand were caught at the border trying to get in and sent back.
The article linked says 5 were caught in NYC in the last week and a half. So that's like 175 a year?
That's way down from any of the previous administrations.
That's less than the number we catch coming from Tajikstan, Usbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
So I say that article is misleading in its tone and lack of facts.

Here's numbers from Homeland Security. Enforcement numbers starts around page 91.
https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...is_yb_2014.pdf

Old 02-12-2017, 11:09 PM

5,007 posts, read 4,887,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
We should focus on securing the borders before deportations... Its like taking a boat out without fixing the hole in the hull... bailing out water is a lot of wasted effort until that hole is fixed.

I think the ICE raids really is just for show....

If Mexico is implementing a nation wide ICE raid, will you still consider going to Mexico illegally??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City