Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 03:01 PM

2 posts, read 6,319 times

Advertisements

My friend is purchasing a building with an existed complaint about no hot water. The complaint was filed in Feb 2015, she got a contractor shortly after to applied for an alteration permit which adds a boiler at the cellar. In Sept. 2016, the contractor signed off the permit and the permit expired. The building has hot water now, but the complaint is still having an ACTIVE status as it appears on DOB.

There is no violations whatsoever. Is it possible to remove the complaint or clear the record? If so, how can she does it?

Million thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 03:10 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,543,672 times
No, complaint that was filed at any time will be there forever. No one can remove the complaint.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 6,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
No, complaint that was filed at any time will be there forever. No one can remove the complaint.
So it will forever be in ACTIVE status?

Old 02-15-2017, 06:13 PM

31,576 posts, read 26,419,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psienpoh View Post
My friend is purchasing a building with an existed complaint about no hot water. The complaint was filed in Feb 2015, she got a contractor shortly after to applied for an alteration permit which adds a boiler at the cellar. In Sept. 2016, the contractor signed off the permit and the permit expired. The building has hot water now, but the complaint is still having an ACTIVE status as it appears on DOB.

There is no violations whatsoever. Is it possible to remove the complaint or clear the record? If so, how can she does it?

Million thanks in advance.

Another question direct towards the incorrect party.

Tell your "friend" to contact NYC DOB and take up the issue with them personally. They will explain why the complaint is still listed as "active", and or tell what steps are required (if any) to change.

It may be something a simple as incomplete or improper paper work submitted to a back log of work not being updated. Either way DOB is the place to address the issue.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:26 AM

602 posts, read 1,256,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psienpoh View Post
So it will forever be in ACTIVE status?
Yeah, what Bugsy said. And the complaint will be there forever, but I believe the procedure is to get an inspector back out there to verify it's good, then it will change from ACTIVE to either CLOSED or RESOLVED, depending on, hell I don't know what the difference between CLS and RES is. Whatever. But not ACTIVE anymore. Or even changed to NO VIOLATION if there was never an inspector out there to verify in the first place and there was just a complaint. My building has a bunch of NO VIOLATIONs from when we were having elevator problems. The elevator would go out and immediately get 311d by someone. It was invariably fixed before an inspector came out, so there is a whole slew (like 6) complaints about it over a month or two in 2014 that are all NO VIOLATION.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,455 times
I'm illegally being reported as a squatter.
Ok I'm not a squatter.
There's no squatters here.
Please ask Dob to remove complaints about squatters here at 976 E 29th St in Midwood NY 11210?
Thank you.
Whoever reported me is seeking revenge

Old 06-29-2019, 10:01 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,281,847 times
Have them file a HPD dismissal request form. Pay the fee. I think it is $150. They will come out and do an inspection. As long as the conditions are corrected it will be removed. Go to the closest HPD Office. They are helpful with providing information. Department of building also have home owners night.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:03 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,281,847 times
Didn't notice that this was an old thread.

Potential squatter do u have a lease? Are u paying rent?

Old 06-29-2019, 10:55 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,206,783 times
It’s a troll post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City